PDA

View Full Version : Mason. We Need A New Sklansky Book

01-23-2002, 07:34 PM
After looking at some of the posts that David puts up in the General Forum, like "A Cute Problem" for example. We could use a book that helps us poker idiots figure out how to do these types of problems that David presents. Make him write the book.

Good Luck

Mark

01-25-2002, 02:09 PM
Since the only no limit book that meets Malmuths criteria is Ciaffones I`d appreciate a book by S/M on the areas that Ciaffone misses or briefly touches upon that are vital to strong play...

In other words fill in and or expand the critical areas..

It need not be a mega page edition...

Hold em poker by DS was only 100 pages but filled with key concepts and strategies...Excellent book...

jg

01-25-2002, 02:29 PM
It's our policy at Two Plus Two not to announce books until they are essentially finished. But we'll keep you posted when new products are about to appear.

01-25-2002, 06:45 PM
Mason,

There is a real gap in poker literature that explains how the math can be applied to poker problems. Your books cover some some of it, and Petrov's Hold'em Odds book tries, but he does not know how to really apply it past the simple situations. That's why I suggest you get your buddy David to write something that could be useful for us idiots that can't figure out alot of the problems he presents.

Lastly, I wanted to say that four of the chapters in the Poker, Gaming, and Life helped tremendously. I'm referring to "An Essential Hold'em Concept, More Hold'em Essentials, Comparing Ace-King to Ace-Queen, and A Cute Hand."

The problem I find with David's posts here, is that I'm not learning how to figure out these problems, so it's useless even trying. I can't figure out how to equate the problem with a mathematical solution. I'm not an idiot, I did have College Algebra when I was in College, but that was over 20 years ago.

Good Luck

Mark

01-25-2002, 08:52 PM
If David should want to undertake writing a book like this it will be done. But right now I know that he is working on some other projects.