PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here a regular at the Monte Carlo?

Glurfle
09-23-2003, 05:42 AM
I was playing the 4-8 there more or less continuously from Saturday afternoon through Sunday morning and recognized a lot of regulars from the last time I was there back in June. Just curious if I met anyone whose handle I might recognize. There were definitely a couple players there to whom I gave a lot of respect. I'll probably be back this coming weekend as well, or maybe Monday. I'm the long haired Asian guy. Stop by and say hi (preferably before you take my money, hey?)

Dynasty
09-23-2003, 01:39 PM
I wasn't there this weekend. But, when I play low-limit, I only go to the Monte Carlo or Mandalay Bay.

chesspain
09-23-2003, 05:26 PM
Dynasty,

Why don't you ever play at Luxor or Excalibur? Cheapovegas.com says those two rooms have fairly easy games.

Dynasty
09-23-2003, 09:57 PM
Monte Carlo and Mandalay Bay are more reliable for having multiple 4-8 games going. I also think they have nicer rooms.

BottlesOf
09-23-2003, 10:05 PM
When you say they are more reliable than the Luxor, do you mean that at times the Luxor does not spread anything as low as 4/8, or that sometimes they have say, 3/6, insetead?

Dynasty
09-23-2003, 10:39 PM
The Luxor spreads both 4-8 and 2-4 games. But, sometimes I've gone there and they don't have any hold 'em game running. The Monte Carlo and Mandalay Bay always have one game running and often two or three. The Luxor is simply a much slower room.