PDA

View Full Version : Fabulous Poker. . .

Acesover8s
09-22-2003, 09:33 PM
I hate to push any poker site, and hopefully no one will accuse me of being a shill, since I do have 1 or 2 legitimate posts under my belt. But fabulous poker has changed their promobucks a bit to make them a bit more reasonable. And right now they are running (daily?) $10 WSOP satellites that seem to be a decent deal.

Stew
09-22-2003, 09:59 PM
Um, no. Have you ever seen the fact that the site has virtually no ring game traffic? Also, the WSOP seat deal seems nice, but why not wait for a promo from another site that will be giving away airfare and lodging to go with the promo?

Acesover8s
09-22-2003, 11:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Um, no. Have you ever seen the fact that the site has virtually no ring game traffic? Also, the WSOP seat deal seems nice, but why not wait for a promo from another site that will be giving away airfare and lodging to go with the promo?

[/ QUOTE ]

You are correct, there is only 2 ring games running tonight, the same two for 5 hours now. 1 .10-.25 PL holdem and 1 1-2$ NLHE. I've only made $300 so far, but I'm not much of a NLHE player. Fortunately neither is anyone else here.

My thinking with the zoo is that they can easily populate any small poker site, help eachother clear the bonuses, and everyone makes a profit.

But what do I know?

Stew
09-23-2003, 12:11 AM
I'll just say the money isn't yours until it's in your pocket, if you know what I mean.

kdog
09-23-2003, 12:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My thinking with the zoo is that they can easily populate any small poker site, help eachother clear the bonuses, and everyone makes a profit.

[/ QUOTE ] Yeah, but why play each other for a relatively small bonus minus rake when we can make double or triple that bonus playing the necessary hours to clear it elsewhere. Not to mention the 30 day waiting period.

tiltboy
09-23-2003, 02:16 AM
I paid my $11 bucks to enter tonight's satellite along with two others. I then went and played four hours at Party waiting for enough people to join to start it up. We never got over three players and all eventually unregistered.

ACR is on critical life support.

Acesover8s
09-23-2003, 02:43 AM
Thats simply not true, I was logged onto that site all night, watched the satellite get to 12 players, and then they slowly distinguished. I was on that list.

tiltboy
09-23-2003, 02:46 AM
I don't know how I missed the big runup and rundown of that many players but I checked back a couple of times and never saw it get over 3. I know when I finally unregistered at 1:30 cst there were only the same 2 players left who were registered when I originally registered.