PDA

View Full Version : Unable to access Neteller

maplepig
09-22-2003, 08:55 PM
website not found. anyone has same problem?

yct
09-22-2003, 09:10 PM
I can't get to their site either. Makes you wonder what if they just shut down and seize all the players' money... /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Stew
09-22-2003, 09:57 PM
LOL they make far more money off the interest than they do by shutting down. The minute the house/senate bill banning US banks accepting dealings with internet gambling sites is the minute I yank my money off Neteller and worry about a dump.

Anyway, I just logged on Neteller and all my money was GONE.

J/K, wanted to fuel the paranoia complex. I did get on Neteller and everything was in order at 10:00 PM EST

tom
09-22-2003, 10:09 PM
thanks for the reassurance. was also able to get on neteller a few minutes ago. i am afraid that i am just a poor, paranoid, first time poster.

Stew
09-22-2003, 10:16 PM
Sorry for the attitude, but I am trying to upholod my rep as the village a-hole.

Gooch
09-23-2003, 12:49 AM
is it safer to leave your money on neteller or a poker site?
only reason i leave at least 600 in neteller is for the bonuses that come up once in awhile

ZeeJustin
09-23-2003, 01:05 AM
IMHO, neteller is very very safe. I would trust it over any poker site. Most of the major sites are also effectively 100% trustworthy as well. There's really nothing to worry about until you start dealing with the very small unheard of sites.

yct
09-23-2003, 04:00 AM
Personally I don't have as much faith in the poker rooms and neteller as you do. I leave my money with them, because there isn't really much a choice. But I only leave whatever I could afford to lose, so if they pull a pokerspot trick one day, I wouldn't lose too much sleep over it...

goodguy_1
09-23-2003, 04:37 AM
I agree yct ..at the end of every month I EFT excess funds to my checking account.
In general thu I keep around 2k in Neteller for pop-up bonuses etc.
I can share a very nasty story w/ you.In late 1999 I had been trading stocks for 3-4 years I had about 100K in an LLC called Harbor Securities in NYC.The markets were booming just as poker is right now.There were about 30 very good traders all utilizing the margin off the LLC.Well one guy blew up and lost like 4 million when LLC only had like 3 million and the managers of LLC didnt tell the other traders and the LLCpartners tried to undo ..they nevder could and LLC went bankrupt with all 29 other traders money gone.
There was a column on the story in WSJ "Heard on the Street".It was horrific .if I had protected myself by putting money in escrow I would I would have been ok..but that is hindsight.
Facts are this all these pokerrooms or neteller could go down at any time..so dont leave more money than u can afford to lose.To presume otherwise is foolhardy.
I used to keep 15k online way more than i needed for my needs..now I only keep 5-6K in both rooms and neteller.
I'm not saying any room or Netteller is going to go down but during boom times beware!!

yct
09-23-2003, 04:50 AM
Sorry to hear that. Just when I thought my KK lost to QQ as I got all my money in preflop was bad, but your story is truely a bad beat. We all should be more careful when dealing with large sum of money and know what the risks are.