PDA

View Full Version : Game Definition

06-05-2002, 11:59 AM
I play nine handed. Could someone define the following games for me:

Tight aggressive;

Losse agressive;

Tight passive;

Tight aggressive.

I know this is a pretty basic question but I would appreciate the help.

Thanks

06-05-2002, 02:41 PM
A tight agressive game generally has a few good players in it. They are selective with their starting hands and usually pay attention to the importance of position and they push hard when they have a hand or think that you do not have one. This is generally the type of game you want to avoid.

A loose agressive game can be very beatable but also can have wicked swings. Players bet and raise a lot like in a tight agressive game, but often these players are of the gambling type who go by the maxim "any two can win." In a loose agressive game, you want to tighten up and make sure you're showing down quality hands.

A tight passive game, also known as weak-tight, is usually (certainly not always) filled with older players who are not looking to lose a lot of money. They will wait for good starting hands, but are much less inclined to push small edges and are often easy to run over. Varience in such games is smaller, but they can be hard to beat for much money unless you know how to be selectively agressive.

Umm, you put tight agressive twice, but I'll tell you about the one you left out instead, loose passive. This is the type of game you'll find in many LL tables. Players will play many cards, but will rarely raise before or after the flop unless they hold a monster hand. There's no use getting tricky with these players. Playing good, solid cards is the way to win.

Hope this helps! Good luck.

06-05-2002, 03:09 PM
Loose or tight regards the NUMBER (or starting requirements) of hands are being played.

Aggressive or passive are HOW the hands are played.

06-05-2002, 04:53 PM
I think I have that pretty clearly presented in my post...