PDA

View Full Version : QQ in a 7.50/15 game at the trop

ARomeo73
09-22-2003, 08:29 PM
tell me what you guys think of my play on this hand.

10 handed average game

i'm 2nd from the big blind and i raise with the Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/spade.gif all fold to the big blind he makes it 3 bets, i call

flop--> 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
big blind bets i call

turn--> T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
big blind checks, i bet he check-raises, i call

river--> 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif
big blind bets, i call

he turns over the T /images/graemlins/club.gifT /images/graemlins/heart.gif

my head was spinning after that one.
do you think my play was correct?

Gabe
09-22-2003, 08:53 PM
I think you played it fine. Don't think it should have caused you head to spin though.

Mike Gallo
09-22-2003, 08:56 PM
do you think my play was correct?

No, not on any street /images/graemlins/frown.gif

I would have put in one more raise preflop I would have raised on the flop. If he called the raise I would have checked the turn behind to avoid a possible check raise.

I might have folded to the turn check raise. If I call the check raise I almost feel obligated to pay off on the river.

~mg~

afish
09-22-2003, 09:14 PM
Preflop: I don't like capping with QQ heads up. I prefer to call the three bet (as you did) and then raise the flop if there are no overcards.

Flop: Raise here. A set is unlikely and only AA and KK beat you. If reraised, call him down.

Turn/River: Most players won't checkraise here w/o AA, KK or TT. The only likely hands you tie/beat are QQ and JJ. Nevertheless, if you don't pay off here, players are going to learn they can run over you by checkraising the turn. Therefore, I think it was ok to call the turn check raise and river bet.