PDA

View Full Version : The next KOTZ tourney on Stars...

AwesomeAli
09-22-2003, 06:33 PM
I have just seen this on the tourney tab at stars and notice that it is Limit Holdem again this month.

Is this an error on the part of poker stars or is it deffinately Limit again?

lorinda
09-23-2003, 09:04 AM
Please let it be a mistake!

Two limit tournaments in two months? My brain hasn't yet healed from the last one.

Lori

thylacine
09-23-2003, 10:51 AM
I didn't see an announcement here. When is it?

Could the organizer please `announce' it here.

Thanks.

Limit?

Thanks.

daryn
09-23-2003, 10:56 AM
i want to get in on this KOTZ craze, what should i buy in for on pokerstars? is there any bonus?

AwesomeAli
09-23-2003, 12:01 PM
Daryn...

The minimum buyin at stars is $50

Not sure if they are running a bonus scheme at the moment.

visit their website for full details of bonus' etc

thylacine...

Its on the stars tourney menu as being on 2nd October @ 21.00

William
09-23-2003, 02:55 PM
Limit again? I know I was in the money in the last one and said that my game is No-limit, but no reason to get scared... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

rusty JEDI
09-23-2003, 03:02 PM
Pokerstars doesnt really run first time deposit bonuses, but when they do run a deposit bonus it is for newcomers and reloads.

One way to get a bit of a bonus is to go through www.bonuswhores.com (http://www.bonuswhores.com) which i have no affiliation with. They will kick back $25 to you for signing up through them. I am sure they are getting a cut too but not sure how much.

Kurn, son of Mogh
09-23-2003, 03:23 PM
It's supposed to be no-limit. Where's Simon??

rusty JEDI
09-23-2003, 03:34 PM
All in favour of making the zoo tourneys Limit for the rest of eternity say "I."

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIII

Kurn, son of Mogh
09-23-2003, 03:43 PM
Consider this a very strong vote for the current NL/PL/Limit rotation. I'd even like us to add some PLO or Omaha/8.

Simon Diamond
09-23-2003, 03:49 PM
Apologies for the lack of an announcement regarding KotZ IV and the mistake regarding the game to be played. I have informed Stars of the error and they have told me they have changed it - at work cant check, can somebody confirm?

For those who haven't seen it should be next Thursday at 21:00 EST, the game being $30+$3 No Limit Holdem.

I am having terrible trouble logging onto this forum at home - for some reason I cannot remain logged in. I sign in and get to my home page fine, but as soon as I try to say view private messages, it tells me that the username/password is not found.

I did a search earlier through posts here and found a few solutions offered, but none of them have worked. Try deleting cookies, clearing my cache, update my version of Windows, try a new password etc etc... Annoying!!!

As such I am going to either have to format my PC - easy enough, but annoying having to reinstall all my software and programs. I may have to mail the p/w from work some time this weekend perhaps - but if anybody can assist in the password process next week, email me (sd_poker@hotmail.com). I would appreciate the help during yet another calamity.

Simon

rusty JEDI
09-23-2003, 04:03 PM
It has officially been changed to no limit. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Kurn, son of Mogh
09-23-2003, 04:23 PM
Oh, come on. It's not that bad. He could've made it Stud/8 /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

eMarkM
09-23-2003, 05:10 PM
I second that. NLHE/PLHE/LHE/PLO/PLO8 would be a nice rotation.

rusty JEDI
09-23-2003, 05:16 PM
That makes it 3 PL, 1 NL, and 1 Limit....How about we make the O8 limit?

I think cup was interested in running supplemental tournies like this while simon stuck to the big 3 HE events.

Simon Diamond
09-23-2003, 05:22 PM
I have requested a supplemental tournament on Poker Stars mid month for all those interested in games other than holdem. I am trying to get a Pot Limit Omaha event for mid October, the buy in being $20+$2.

Apologies for not saying more about this sooner, but my computer is knackered again!!! Well can't stay logged in here anyway /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Any takers for help with the password side of things? Somebody with an instant messenger client preferably so information can be relayed quickly.

Simon

jek187
09-23-2003, 08:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
am having terrible trouble logging onto this forum at home - for some reason I cannot remain logged in. I sign in and get to my home page fine, but as soon as I try to say view private messages, it tells me that the username/password is not found.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had this same problem awhile back. My problem was that somehow my computer's clock got set one month forward, so my cookie was always expired. So, maybe that's your problem.

jek187
09-23-2003, 08:18 PM
I think if we add Omaha, we should add stud as well. Seems only fair as both of those games seem about equal in popularity.

Simon Diamond
09-23-2003, 10:25 PM
Stud will be in - Pot Limit Omaha High, Pot Limit Omaha H/L, Limit Omaha H/L, Limit Stud, Limit Stud H/L.

Is that the whole range of games Stars offer?

Simon

Simon Diamond
09-23-2003, 10:28 PM
I haven't checked that jek - but I know I was messing with the date the other day on my computer. So that may be the problems. God I hope it is! Posting at work is crap /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Simon

William
09-23-2003, 11:27 PM
Perhaps it could be one of those tourneys where you play one round of each game? just to keep things complicated. Could be fun though /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Simon Diamond
09-23-2003, 11:38 PM
It might be worth looking into whether Stars could run such a game, providing people are interested.

Simon

Simon Diamond
09-24-2003, 01:24 AM
At home, on puter, problem fixed. Cheers jek, I owe you one mate /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Simon

jek187
09-24-2003, 01:38 AM
Glad it worked Simon. But Chuck Weinstock deserves the credit. I had to email him to figure it out. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Simon Diamond
09-24-2003, 01:40 AM
Thank you Chuck - lifesaver /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Simon

thylacine
09-24-2003, 08:38 AM
Which `next Thursday'? The next Thursday in the future or the one after that. I don't think all English speakers use this phrase the same way.

lorinda
09-24-2003, 08:41 AM
Neing from the same part of the world, and indeed country as Simon, I believe it means in 8 days time (I haven't checked yet)

Tomorrow would be 'This Thursday' in Brit speak.

Lori

dr_mabuse
09-24-2003, 09:01 AM
hi folks,

it is the same usage here in germany:
this thursday - diesen donnerstag; means tomorrow
next thursday - naechsten donnerstag; means in 8 days, it is actually the thursday immediatly after this thursday :-)

thanks and bye
olaf

Simon Diamond
09-24-2003, 09:38 AM
Yes next Thursday is in eight days time. I am going to mail out the password now, as I have managed to sort out the problem staying logged in (thanks again jek).

As usual, new players wishing to enter require 25 posts here and need to PM me with their Poker Stars username in order to receive the password.

Simon

Graham
09-24-2003, 10:01 AM
It might be worth looking into whether Stars could run such a game, providing people are interested.

ABSOOOLUUtely..!!!

PlayerA
09-24-2003, 10:07 AM
Yeah this would be interesting. Would you still run it as a freeze out? Your BR carries from one round to next? Or something like start each round with same amount and winner at end of all rounds is one with biggest stack? Or have a playoff at end of all rounds? Seems like many pros and cons of various formats... But the goal should be such that the best "all-around" player has the best chance of winnning.

Simon Diamond
09-24-2003, 10:57 AM
You seem to have far more ideas than me regarding a 'round of each' style tournament. You are welcome to forward these ideas to Poker Stars and see what they say - if you don't want to that is okay, I will perhaps follow this up sometime soon.

Simon

Kurn, son of Mogh
09-24-2003, 11:10 AM
Same usage here in the US as far as I've ever known. But, hey, I grew up in New Jersey. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Mike Haven
09-24-2003, 12:36 PM
i'm from a different part of the uk, and i can see misunderstandings occurring even here, let alone in different countries

to be sure, and to try to help you guys out, i checked it with my daughter who is up to date with global street talk

if i said see you next thursday she would see me on thursday

if i said see you this thursday she would see me on thursday

if i said see you thursday next she would see me on thursday

sometimes i wonder where my daughter gets it from

must be from my first wife

except the good looks of course

wait a minute

she's just told me of course it depends on the day i said it - and whether she was doing anything more important on thursday

well, that's cleared that up then - glad to have been of service

Simon Diamond
09-24-2003, 12:55 PM
Of course where money is concerned (rent for example), saying "I will give you the money this Thursday" means anything but this Thursday.

Simon

thylacine
09-24-2003, 02:22 PM