PDA

View Full Version : 65s 20-40 hand

mike l.
09-22-2003, 01:16 AM
okay afternoon 20-40 game with lots of loose crummy players. 9 handed. utg moderately tight okay player openraises, some fish calls, i fish call w/ 65c knowing full well blinds arent going anywhere. button fish comes in too, blinds come in. 6 of us swim to the flop.

it's AcJc2h. checked to utg who bets, folded to me and i call, button calls, big blind calls. 4 of us now.

the turn is Kc. utg bets, i call, button calls, bb calls.

the river is 5h. utg bets, now i raise.

comments?

Phat Mack
09-22-2003, 01:25 AM
the river is 5h. utg bets, now i raise.

I would have raised on 4th street, hoping for a call from a singleton high club, two pair or a set. On 5th street, I'd have to wonder if my raise would get any action from someone I could beat. Of course, I wasn't there, and you did mention "fish."

Josh W
09-22-2003, 02:19 AM
I like the play if and only if your flush is bigger...like T high or bigger....don't wanna give cheap draw to hands like a medium ace w/ club kicker

J

Diplomat
09-22-2003, 11:08 AM
Hi Mike,

I agree with Josh here about raising the turn. There are lots of cards that utg might call a raise here on the turn with (say, AQ with the Q of clubs) and you might want to bump out medium clubs.

That said, what club could UTG hold and have the action go the same way other than Qc? I doubt he has black nines or tens...anyway what I am saying is I think he might fold the turn unless he has a set or the Qc in his hand, and you are not going to get him off one of those hands.

The button though throws something into the mix, because he could have just about any club in his hand (based on your description) and may call a raise cold with a hand like A7o with the 7c. So the presence of the button leans me back towards raising.

Also consider again the tightish utg player. What would he bet on the turn given that board? It's pretty scary to anyone, with flush, straight, and high-card combinatons, yet he bets anyway. He might be doing the bet-and-fold-to-a-raise play, but that's just a possibility.

Anyway I say raise the turn because I doubt the button is going anywhere and neither is utg, and you may as well get chips out of them while they still have a hope and a prayer. Moreover, if both you two call the turn, there is a distinct possibility that utg might have checked the river if unimproved. Obviously he did not in this case, but if he did (with a hand like AQ that did not improve) you would have missed a bet.

I hope that makes sense. I'm not really going to comment on the pre-flop call because I play 37s utg. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif It does seem a little less 'rockish' than you say you have been playing, but then again, not terrible to mix it up...once and a while.

-Diplomat

adrianus
09-22-2003, 02:47 PM
Raise the turn. Let them pay for their draws. They have correct oadds if you just call.

After calling the turn you raised the river. I might call to keep the players behind me in. But it's close and depends on the players.

ps. I would have folded preflop