PDA

View Full Version : David Blaine update. (O/T)

Mike Haven
09-21-2003, 04:17 PM
( Original thread. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=336262&page=&view=&sb=5&o =&fpart=1&vc=1) )

He has now been living on water only for 15 days and 22 hours.

Blaine is feeling lethargic and finding it hard to focus on tasks such as writing in the journal he took into the 7ft x 3ft x 7ft plastic box suspended above the River Thames in London, England.

As his fat reserves are being burned off he will have lost about 7 pounds off his original 205 pounds, while his muscles will be weak from a fortnight (two weeks) of inactivity.

He also has diarrhoea as there is no solid food left in his system.

(Daily Mirror.)

The latest poll on Sky One TV asks, "At what point do you think Blaine will lose his mind - week 4 or week 5?"

Simon Diamond
09-21-2003, 05:33 PM
Thanks for the update Mike, interesting stuff once more. I have a question:

He also has diarrhoea as there is no solid food left in his system.

Confessing to being absolutely disgusting, how exactly is Mr Blaine coping with this phenomenon?

I trust you had a good break mate /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Simon

Mike Haven
09-21-2003, 06:54 PM
thank you, simon

regrettably, i suspect my answer might fuel the doubters' fires

there is a white sheet outside the box which is to shield him from the sun's glare - i believe it is also used to protect his modesty at those embarrassing moments - (the unbelievers may say that is when he receives his intake of mcdonalds' best - but, personally, i think this is a serious show of endurance rather than a trick)

the whole caboodle has really caught the nation's interest - he has become THE tourist attraction of london - sir paul mccartney (ex-beatles) went to watch "the silly c*** in the box" a couple of days ago and got involved in a punch-up with the papparazzi ( see story (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/showbiz/3122158.stm) ) - people are throwing eggs and hitting golf balls at him - there is a plan afoot to stage the biggest display of mooners ever seen, if he makes the 44 days - no doubt there will be many other stunts pulled by the public as the days wear on

critics say it is like watching paint dry, but apparently sky one tv is getting so many hits to watch the c""" in the box it doesn't know what to do with them - i know from personal experience that it is hard to go for more than a few hours without tuning in to see him sitting there, saying nothing, maybe lifting a finger to acknowledge a shouted "DA-VID!" from the crowd below - a very strange compulsion, i'll admit - but, irresistible

Simon Diamond
09-21-2003, 07:39 PM
the unbelievers may say that is when he receives his intake of mcdonalds' best

Thanks for making my day with that little line. Hilarious. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

It certainly is akin to watching paint dry, but strangely compulsive all the same. Haven't got Sky unfortunately, but managed to watch a bit at my mum's this weekend. As for attractions in London, I can see why he is popular, after living there for a while.

One of the rarest attractions I found was London Buses... you are genuinely lucky if you ever see one, but then hey presto three turn up at once /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Simon

daryn
09-21-2003, 08:10 PM
this is somewhat sad. do you really believe david blaine is anything other than an illusionist? if an illusionist is successful (i think blaine is) then usually there will be no way for you to perceive that what he's doing is some trick. i really don't know what more to say..

Simon Diamond
09-21-2003, 08:24 PM
re: David Blaine, I do not believe anything one way or the other. I find him entertaining, and an interesting individual. Whether his tricks/magic/illusion etc are kosher or not does not concern me.

Simon

Mike Haven
09-21-2003, 08:52 PM
i hope i'm not being presumptious but i assume you are replying to my believing it is a reality show, rather than to simon's response to my post

if the c*** is willing to sit in a box for 6 weeks secretly eating pate de foie gras he gets my vote for endurance

MrDannimal
09-22-2003, 12:13 AM
Seriously. It doesn't much matter if he's being piped ambrosia through that tube and elves come in the dark of night to tote off his turds, he's going to have been in that same box with little to do for 40+ days.

I could have room service, a hot nurse to work the sponge and the bedpan and 700+ channel satellite TV, I still don't want to stay in bed for 40 days.

rusty JEDI
09-22-2003, 01:22 AM
I read a story the other day about someone who was caught trying to cut off his water supply by cutting the pipes.

I thought that was funny.

slider77
09-22-2003, 02:14 AM
BTW, who is David Blaine and what's his connection to Interent Gambling?

rusty JEDI
09-22-2003, 02:17 AM
David Blaine is a street magician/illusionist. His relation to internet gambling is not of major concern because Mike put a big O.T. in the title meaning off topic. This should warn those only looking for internet gambling stuff to stay away from this post.

Adde
09-22-2003, 08:20 AM
For those who cannot see this on TV, Yahoo UK have some photos at:

yahoo uk (http://uk.search.news.yahoo.com/search/photos_ukie?p={eventnames:david_blaine}&nice=Blain e)

And also, you can bet on the outcome at Yahoo. Right now it is 4/11 that he will complete the challenge, 9/4 to fail.

web page (http://yahoo.oddschecker.com/yhhosting.php?mode=f&menu=9612&card=cc9692x&odds=4 3137x&sid=33915)

Wake up CALL
09-22-2003, 11:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
thank you, simon

regrettably, i suspect my answer might fuel the doubters' fires

there is a white sheet outside the box which is to shield him from the sun's glare - i believe it is also used to protect his modesty at those embarrassing moments - (the unbelievers may say that is when he receives his intake of mcdonalds' best - but, personally, i think this is a serious show of endurance rather than a trick)

the whole caboodle has really caught the nation's interest - he has become THE tourist attraction of london - sir paul mccartney (ex-beatles) went to watch "the silly c*** in the box" a couple of days ago and got involved in a punch-up with the papparazzi ( see story (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/showbiz/3122158.stm) ) - people are throwing eggs and hitting golf balls at him - there is a plan afoot to stage the biggest display of mooners ever seen, if he makes the 44 days - no doubt there will be many other stunts pulled by the public as the days wear on

critics say it is like watching paint dry, but apparently sky one tv is getting so many hits to watch the c""" in the box it doesn't know what to do with them - i know from personal experience that it is hard to go for more than a few hours without tuning in to see him sitting there, saying nothing, maybe lifting a finger to acknowledge a shouted "DA-VID!" from the crowd below - a very strange compulsion, i'll admit - but, irresistible

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually Ghandi provided a "serious show of endurance", wheras Mr. Blaine is an illusionist and whatever he does should be taken as such.

daryn
09-22-2003, 11:58 AM
thanks wake for reiterating my point. the guy is not just an illusionist... he's a WORLD RENOWNED ILLUSIONIST.

Gamblor
09-22-2003, 12:21 PM
2nd Runner-up to Best Attempt to Distract him:

Laser pen in the face.

1st Runner-up to Best Attempt to Distract him:

Some guy tied a cheeseburger to a toy helicopter and flew it up to the box.

Best attempt to distract him:

(Drum roll)

Some guy found a carbon copy of Blaine's girlfriend and "shagged" her right in front of everyone.

Copernicus
09-22-2003, 12:32 PM
Why would anyone care? This is as close to "magic" or "illusion" as draping a bunch of cloth over some mountains is to art.

If the guy wants to kill himself or wants to pretend to kill himself, have fun. It isnt worth the minimal thought/energy it took to type this.

CORed
09-22-2003, 05:14 PM
The latest poll on Sky One TV asks, "At what point do you think Blaine will lose his mind - week 4 or week 5?"

IMO the fact that he is performing this ridiculous stunt is a pretty good indication that he has already lost it.