PDA

View Full Version : tim in or..re iii...

01-06-2002, 12:30 PM
yhanks for your reply, concerning my post about mason's vol iii....i picked the red book off my shelf..right nest tojohn patrick's advanced craps,...(i guess that blows any credibility), but true....

several things i think mason, and all 2+2 authors, do is stress some extremely impoetant subjects fairly early...he does this right off the schneid, in chapter 1 , general concepts...struggling to be good..read those 4 concepts, you may want to then go to zee's essay about stages in a player's career,,,man, it's all right there...boy i was guilty as charged...

moving along to playing for min wage..there i was agian...also here sklansky has a chapter or essay about the player, who could beat higher games, but just bla,bla,bla...

finally the ciaffone quiz with comments is mind-boggling...i think i have gained the most in real playing ability when following arguments,..(spirited discussions) between mason and other top,,(but not quite as good) players..aka brier...h

hey good luck..i don't think i'll mention vol III poker essays by mason again..there is no response, maybe i was just ready to allow myself to play better, maybe i've been lucky, but the bottom line is:

poker is more fun now..win or lose...

and it's better having a wad of big ben's than alex hamilton's ...gl..jmho..

01-08-2002, 11:59 PM
Thanks Scalf, I will have to check it out. For a while I wasn't really interested, because it said volume III and I thought oh great, now I have to buy vols. I and II first, etc. But it sounds like they can stand apart on their own too. I definitely need a lot of advice as I still struggle to win on a consistent basis and often "can't figure out what the problem is", even though it is patently obvious I know more about how to play than 90% of the people around my table. But they just keep sucking out on me. If there is just one concept in vol. III that will help me, it will be worth the price. And I know there will be a lot more than one. Thanks again,

Tim