PDA

View Full Version : 30-60 stud8 at stars. . .

glen
09-21-2003, 03:39 AM
first to act 5h raises, I call with 8s(2s As), 5c calls, Qc calls. Bring-in folds. . .

4th street. 5h catches 3h. . I catch 9s. . . 5c catches 4d. . .Qc catches 9d. . . 5h bets, all call. . .

5th street 5h, 3h, 7h. . .I get 8s,9s,4s. . .5c,4d,Ks. . Qc,9d,5d

checks to 5h,3h,7h who bets, I raise, 5c,4d,Ks calls two, Qc9d,5d calls, low reraised, I capped, 5c,4d,Ks folded, Qc,9d,5d called. . .

Now, as Joeybitch would say, here's the delicate part. . .

6th low catches a non-heart low card like a 4. I catch whatever. Qc guy catched 3d, putting three diamonds on his board. the Qc guy is an aggressive hold'em player, who, like most aggressive hold'em players, way overvalued high hands in stud8, i.e. raised Q's and K's after a few lows entered, or jammed with kings up on sixth against to lows, etc. He checked to the low who bet, i raised, the Qc guy three-bets. I basically said "I have a made flush!!!!" on fifth, and I obviously could have an ace since I called a raise on third with 8s, and he's not afraid of it. It's two bets to me, and it will definitely be four more on the river since the low has a lock. If he has a bigger flush, say (Ad Qd) Qc 9d 5d 3d I'm drawing real slim. . . Who lays it down? Who doesn't?

bugstud
09-21-2003, 02:17 PM
I'm not laying this down, not yet. To them it might look like you only have 4 spades and 4 to a low and are drawing. Granted, this is a lot higher than I ever play, but I think you play on here.

Andy B
09-22-2003, 07:18 PM
How severely does he overvalue high hands? I know a lot of people who will make it two bets on third street with <font color="red">A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif </font> Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, which is about the only hand he can have that makes any sense that also beats yours. He could easily have a smaller flush, maybe a set, or maybe something else. Most likely he has a flush, though. The low hand could have a flush, too, probably smaller, but if he hits a high flush card (or even a straight flush) on the end he could beat you too. It's scary, but I think you have to pay this one off.

I didn't know they had $30/60 stud/8 on-line. I'll have to check it out. Better get a better connection first, though.