PDA

View Full Version : i hate pokerroom

crockpot
09-21-2003, 01:57 AM
so whenever i try to reserve a seat at a pokerroom hold 'em ring game, a window pops up telling me i have 90 seconds to claim it. i click OK, try to sit down, and it flashes "reserved" as i'm unable to sit.

90 seconds later, someone else is sitting down there.

anyone who play at this server want to tell me what the hell i'm supposed to do here, besides go to another site?

eugeneel
09-21-2003, 02:01 AM
yeah sit at the table within 90 seconds. When ur late it tells u "reserved"

crockpot
09-21-2003, 02:30 AM
trust me, i clicked it within the 90 seconds.

oh well, i guess this is better than having the program crash, which is what happened the last time i got the pop-up window. also when i finally did sit at the table it crashed after i posted the blind.

this is not one of my more fun online poker experiences.

rusty JEDI
09-21-2003, 02:44 AM
Are you in on the java or the download. Taking a wild guess but maybe you have some bad java or something.

JohnShaft
09-21-2003, 12:52 PM
Crock, I had the same problem.

If this is happening after you've been watching the table (before being told to take your seat) just close the table down and reopen it. I've found that solves the problem.

Just started playing on PokerRoom myself to get the Buyin bonus, and I'll tell you what, this is the most painful bonus I've ever had to work off.

The games can be full of low 30% flops. The action is slow as hell. And you have to work off all your bonus before you get any of it. I've played 10 hours and only have 1/8th of the points I need. Bloody painful.

crockpot
09-21-2003, 02:01 PM
go play their 1/2 omaha h/l game whenever it's running. since this is the only omaha game going on the site, it's roughly as loose as the UB .25/.50 table.

by the way, does anyone know if you can convert your 100 points into a dollar while clearing this bonus without ruining your progress towards clearing it?

Stew
09-22-2003, 01:12 PM
I don't know the answer Crock, but is it really worth it to transfer 500 points to five dollars and lose out on the much higher bonus opp?