PDA

View Full Version : Value bet the river??

09-20-2003, 08:03 PM
I have Q /images/graemlins/heart.gifQ /images/graemlins/spade.gif utg in a loose passive 10/20 game. Most flops are seen 5-7 handed for 1 bet. Cold calling with marginal calling hands is the norm. I raise and get 2 cold callers, one to my immediate left, one in LP and the BB calls. 4 players to a flop of

J /images/graemlins/club.gifT /images/graemlins/club.gif6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I bet, player to my left calls, and LP calls. turn:

J /images/graemlins/club.gifT /images/graemlins/club.gif6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif(J /images/graemlins/spade.gif)

I bet, loosey on my left calls, and LP folds. river:

J /images/graemlins/club.gifT /images/graemlins/club.gif6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/spade.gif(3 /images/graemlins/club.gif)

I check, loosey checks behind. I show my QQ and he flashes a ten before he mucks. Value bet here on the river?? Yes, he probably would have called with a Ten, and he would have raised with a flush. Also, this player has a very strong tendency to bluff the river, even bluff raise the river, which factored into my decision. Thanks in advance for the responses.

Gavin