PDA

View Full Version : World Poker tour draws new players to the Borgata.

Mike Gallo
09-20-2003, 06:59 PM
The Borgata in NJ ran their WPT event today. The room had over 400 players in it yesterday.

The managers did not expect to get the anount of volume that they did. 360 people played in the $500 buy in no limit tourney.

The Borgata spread a lot of high limit games. The Borgata spread a 150-300 pot limit game. One high roller won 10k from a tournament pro.If the high roller had more than 10k on the table the pro would have lost that also. The high roller just sat down to the game and walked into Aces. The pro had Queens. The high limit player played a few orbits and then left.

We also have the Miss America pageant in town and that has attracted new players to the poker rooms.

I played in a game last night with three players who travelled to watch the tournament live and to "try" poker.

I just thought I would share.

~mg~

RollaJ
09-22-2003, 08:10 AM
/images/graemlins/shocked.gifI thought the $600-$1200 stud at the Taj was a big game /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Mike Gallo
09-22-2003, 09:05 AM
I thought the $600-$1200 stud at the Taj was a big game

The Borgata had $300-$600 half hold em half Omaha hi lo.

The Borgata also had a $1000-$2000 stud game.

I have never seen so many high limit games before.

The Borgata didnt start spreading low limit games $6-$12 and down until after 10:00 pm.

I had a blast watching some of the high limit games.

~mg~

slamdunkpro
09-22-2003, 07:09 PM
The Borg also started running Pot and No limit holdem Saturdaynight after the first day of the Open. BIG money no-limit game. I was so tired after playing in the open all day I couldn't stay around to watch.