PDA

View Full Version : any of you BONUS WHORES try out ABSOLUTE POKER?

kylemontero
09-20-2003, 04:42 PM
I just downloaded it, looks like you only need 100 raked hands to get the 100 dollar bonus. Not many games going but looks ok. Just wondering about your dealings with this site?

crockpot
09-20-2003, 04:48 PM
i'm about a week away from reaching the 30 day threshold for withdrawing my money. remember that you need each hand to be raked 50 cents or more, and wait 30 days before cashing out, to receive the bonus. i'll try to let you know if my cashout was smooth.

the hold 'em games, like at any small site, are extremely soft there, although they're somewhat aggressive (thank you very much, phil hellmuth.)

Instinct
09-20-2003, 07:37 PM
Most of time customer service if decent.
I've cashed out numerous times with no problems.
Games are usually shorthanded but when you sit down and play a few others tend to join in. Usually games range up to 5-10. Best time is afternoon and evening for games.
If you are playing low limits or like freerolls they have been having quite a few ( I don't play them but i've seem quite a few each week. )
Software is Ok.

Instinct

crockpot
09-20-2003, 08:09 PM
they also appear to have a $50 match re-deposit bonus, with the same restrictions as the 20% one (30 days, 100 raked hands).

by the way, a note on the software: i hate it. the cards are ugly, the buttons are in the wrong order (check, bet, fold instead of fold, check, bet), and they only have nine players per table. on the other hand, they allow you to buy in for 200 bb's at the no limit tables, so you rocks can play for half as much.

crockpot
09-20-2003, 09:41 PM
i just saw the following hand at a .50/1 holdem game:

ten dollar pot on the river. someone bets, another raises on a board of J8764 with three hearts. the bettor calls the raise. raiser shows K6, bettor shows K7. (neither a flush obviously)

i think this is easily much better than the party .50/1 games. if only it were running round the clock.

rusty JEDI
09-21-2003, 12:12 AM
I really liked absolute except for the lack of players. I made two cashouts from there. The first hit my neteller in 45 minutes and the second is an online record for me because it hit neteller in 2 minutes.

Support was always very fast with email replies.

goodluck/skill

kylemontero
09-22-2003, 04:39 PM
Thanks, that is the next place I will whore. Thanks for all the info.

rusty JEDI
09-22-2003, 05:23 PM
Absolute does have a referral policy, so if you want to pm me that info i can refer you and then kick the $15 back somehwere esle because they dont allow interaccount transfers. So your choice of party or stars for the transfer. They also currently have a $50 reload match bonus that you have to email for but the details are on their website. The first time bonus is still $100 though. Maybe with a polite email you could get both?

The other thing to remember is you must wait 30 days after a deposit bonus to cashout so if you have a short roll it isnt the best place to play if you like to move your money around fast.

Refer a Friend
Thank you very much for taking the time to refer your friends to share in the excitement and fun action of Absolute Poker.
We would like to provide you with a real money bonus of $15.00 for every friend that you refer to the site that makes a minimum deposit of $25.00 and plays in at least 100 live hands of poker.

Simply send an email to promotions@AbsolutePoker.com with your friends email address and player name and we will credit your account as soon as your friend has met the above requirements.

Thanks again - Team Absolute

Inthacup
09-22-2003, 05:30 PM
kick the $15 back somehwere esle because they dont allow interaccount transfers. So your choice of party or stars for the transfer.

I would advise against Party for a $15 transfer. Party doesn't allow transfers under $50, so you would have to transfer $65 to the person and have them transfer you $50 back. At Stars, you can transfer any amount you want. You probably already know that, but I figured it was worth pointing out.

Cup

rusty JEDI
09-22-2003, 05:39 PM
Thanks cup. I was aware of the $50 limit i just wasnt thinking about it. So stars it is for those of you who want to do it that way. Neteller also will not be an option because i dont have my account certified.

I suppose a last resort option would be to go to a table headsup and dump the chips avoiding rake.

rJ