PDA

View Full Version : QQ nut flush on a paired board

AJo Go All In
09-20-2003, 10:45 AM
OK 10-20 NYC game.

i raise in EP with Q /images/graemlins/club.gifQ /images/graemlins/spade.gif
one cold-caller, then MP 3-bets. MP is a good, winning, aggressive regular who gets out of line every once in awhile. folded around to me and i call, EMP calls.

3 to the flop for 3 bets each.

J /images/graemlins/club.gif3 /images/graemlins/club.gif3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

i bet, EMP mucks, MP raises, i call.

K /images/graemlins/club.gif[J /images/graemlins/club.gif3 /images/graemlins/club.gif3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif]

i bet, he raises, i call.

A /images/graemlins/club.gif[K /images/graemlins/club.gifJ /images/graemlins/club.gif3 /images/graemlins/club.gif3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif]

given that i've misplayed this so grossly up to this point, what is my best play on the river?

a) check and call
b) check and fold
c) check and raise, and call a 3-bet
d) check and raise, and fold to a 3-bet
e) bet and call a raise
f) bet and fold to a raise

Barry
09-20-2003, 12:24 PM
If he has 2 pair, or a small flush, the 4 flush on the board might scare him out of betting. Also I wouldn't want to see a 3 bet here. I think that I would bet and call a raise.

ACPlayer
09-20-2003, 05:38 PM
Check and call and expect to lose.

Schneids
09-20-2003, 06:29 PM
At first, I was inclined to say bet and call a raise. However, what good is a bet going to get you? Is this guy aggressive enough that he would raise you and be losing to you? Probably not. Is he going to call your bet if he is losing to you? Doubtful. So I would say check, and your check might induce a bluff, and you call. That, or you see a boat and you saved yourself a big bet. I am just not seeing this as a time to make a value bet.

sam h
09-20-2003, 06:53 PM
There's not much you can beat, given the way he's played the hand. On the off chance that he has AK, the other queens, or a momentary brain seizure, you should check and call as the pot is large.

AJo Go All In
09-21-2003, 10:04 AM
i probably should have check-called just on the off chance he was on a complete bluff. i thought that there were a few worse hands he could call me with on the river, like AK/AJ or possibly TcTx or AxTc? i also thought that if he raised me on the river, he would have to hold AA or KK.

in any case, i had the sudden urge to be fancy and i bet out the river with the intention of folding to a raise. he did raise, and i folded. i never saw what he had.

turnipmonster
09-22-2003, 10:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]

in any case, i had the sudden urge to be fancy and i bet out the river with the intention of folding to a raise. he did raise, and i folded.

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems like a check-call is a better play in this spot, no? granted your hand doesn't seem super strong in this spot, it is still a pretty good hand, and if you've decided to put only one more bet in the pot, then I would at least want to see what he's 3 betting you with.

btw, is this the PS game?

--turnipmonster

adrianus
09-22-2003, 02:58 PM
Your call is justified by the pot odds. Expect to loose though!! What hands can you beat here. My guess is AA or KK.

adrianus
09-22-2003, 02:59 PM
Your call is justified by the pot odds. Expect to loose though!! What hands can you beat here.
There is NO WAY you hand drives out a better hand. A weaker hand is more likely to semi-bluff you then call your bet.
Check and call is the only way to play this!

RollaJ
09-22-2003, 03:24 PM
That'd be interesting to see a semi-bluff on the river.... wont he be disapointed