PDA

View Full Version : Party support......uh oh.....

lorinda
09-19-2003, 10:59 PM
Andy: Andy has joined this chat session.
Andy:How may I help you today?

lorinda:hi there

lorinda:my stats say im in the top 20 on the lucy jones promo

lorinda:but the ticker says im not

lorinda:which is correct?

Andy:The ticker is correct madame

lorinda:so my stats saying im 17th is wrong?

Andy:You must play the highest raked hands from raked hand players between 3:00 PM EST and 12:00 AM EST on each day on all week days madame

lorinda:yes, but the statistics tell you your current position, and they say i am 17th

lorinda:could you tell me my current position?

Andy:Please note that the statistics refresh after every fifteen minutes.

lorinda:yes i know

lorinda:i have looked every 15 minutes and have gradually got up to 17th

lorinda:but do not appear on the ticker, I would like to know why not

Andy:Please note that playing in tournaments do not count for raked hands. This is because, in a tournament, an entry fee is charged but rake is not taken in every hand. So you need to play live games to earn raked hands.

lorinda:I am in three live games, I am using the statistics under the 'check my position' heading I am told by YOUR software that I am 17th

Andy:If you are shown that you are in the seventeenth position by the ticker, you are in the seventeenth position, With regards your query about not moving up, please note that the other players would also be playing raked hands to win more money

lorinda:no, my stats say im in 17th, the ticker does not
lorinda:It wasnt a query about moving up, I HAVE moved up

Andy:Well, madame, please go by the ticker standings.

lorinda:In that case could you tell me how many hands behind i am please

Conversation has reached 20 mins now thanks to 'Andy's' dramatic pauses between each reply. 70 mins of the promo remain....

Andy:Please hold on madame...
lorinda:ty

Andy:Your current rank is 17 You are just 30 raked hand(s) away from the next spot. The raked hand standings will be next refreshed at 11:00 pm EST

lorinda:ty

Andy:Top 140 spots to be paid. Rank 1 to 20 - $80, Rank 21 to 60 - $40 and Rank 61 to 140 - $20

Andy:Is there anything else I can do for you today?

lorinda:ok, thanks

lorinda:take care andy
Andy:My pleasure.

Lori

ZeeJustin
09-19-2003, 11:08 PM
Lolololol! I don't even bother asking questions like this anymore just because I know the answer I get will be of no help. On the other hand, their affiliate support has been rather helpful. They have their priorities straight!

tiltboy
09-19-2003, 11:55 PM
The Cliff notes version:

L: I'm right.
A: You're wrong.
L: I'm right, here's why.
A: You're wrong.
L: Can you check?
A: You're right.

RockLobster
09-20-2003, 12:08 AM

lorinda
09-20-2003, 12:27 AM
So, people overtook me by miles, and with 15 mins to go I was lying 20th and a long way behind 19th (the only info they give.)

The ticker sticks on whatever it said when you first logged on today, i have even rebooted the pc and it's plain out of date, someone checked it was working and it stayed the same for them too, except with me in 20th.

I check my stats at the end, "Please try again tomorrow" which incidentally is incorrect.

The ticker doesn't update, no money in account and the winners list not updated.

So, frantically trying to get my result, I try the floorperson again.

Alas the feature is now unavailable.

Lori

jasonHoldEm
09-20-2003, 12:44 AM
Lori,

go here http://www.partypoker.com/news/events/lucyjones_giveaway/winners2.html

Looks like you came in 20th place. Congrats. The money usually is in your account sometime the following day.

/images/graemlins/smile.gif
jHE

lorinda
09-20-2003, 12:51 AM
Thanks JHE, as it happens I had my finger on refresh for over half an hour, but thanks for checking up for me /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Played 3 nl full tables, amazed I got it.

Bankroll recovery mission now pretty much complete, thank goodness.

An observation is that the fish are just as fishy as UB but the fluctuations seemed greater as they are more aggressive fish.

Lori

jasonHoldEm
09-20-2003, 12:59 AM
Glad you did well...I pissed away 3 hours of my life for $15. (Which is still good, but it was a crazy three hours and probably removed several years from my life, caused more of my hair to fall out, and may or may not have caused me to swear loudly enough for my mother to hear me).

Oh well...at least I made $15.

jHE

Homer
09-20-2003, 09:56 AM
On the other hand, their affiliate support has been rather helpful.

YMMV.

-- Homer

lorinda
09-20-2003, 10:46 AM
YMMV.

You must m v?

Can you tell me some of the words here homer?

I assume it's not polite

Lori

ZeeJustin
09-20-2003, 11:42 AM
My guess is you make me vomit. Did I get it right Homer!?!?

tiltboy
09-20-2003, 11:53 AM
YMMV = Your mileage may vary.

It is kind of a take off of the standard lingo used in automobile advertising in the U.S. Perhaps it is not univeral since the rest of the world is on the metric system.

lorinda
09-20-2003, 12:03 PM
We use milage too, guess europeans use 'Your metreage may vary'

ty, thats a new one on me.

We get '40 miles per gallon based on speed of 56 mph'

Lori

tiltboy
09-20-2003, 12:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
We use milage too, guess europeans use 'Your metreage may vary'

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh. I guess I need to get out of the house more. I thought the U.S. was the lone holdout against the ubiquitous metric system.

Rushmore
09-20-2003, 12:18 PM
Lorinda,

Please don't take this the wrong way, but...

I have seen you play. You play well enough so that this crap shouldn't even be a concern for you.

Life's too short to be chasing incompetent morons around for eighty bucks.

Play your game. Win pots.

I know I'll get flamed for this, but let the bonus whores chase the scraps around.

I don't know what limits you play, but if they're so low that $80 is important enough for you to suffer these ridiculous indignities, you need to just focus on your game, move up in limit, and make your nut at the bigger game.

Don't be offended--I only say all of this because I believe that these sorts of absurd concerns just get in the way of playing optimally. Your post actually indicated that you were playing 3 tables while having this inane dialogue with this chimpanzee. Do you really think that this does not have the potential to actually COST you more than the POTENTIAL $80 you're chasing?

As I said, if you're playing a limit so small that having this conversation in the middle of playing 3 tables does NOT create the possibility of losing $80 due to attention and focus issues, you should be playing higher.

lorinda
09-20-2003, 12:18 PM
Pretty good assumption, after all we are basically state number 51.

Lori

HavanaBanana
09-20-2003, 06:15 PM
Things like this is not about the money but the principle, if something is right is it right let it slide and more will slide in the future.

And the satisfaction when you get that miniscule amount that is rightfully yours against the odds of being up against cluelessness is the overlay /images/graemlins/smile.gif

HavanaBanana
09-20-2003, 06:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry /images/graemlins/frown.gif

jasonHoldEm
09-20-2003, 06:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm...aren't we forgeting canada?? You can be the 52nd.

jHE

lorinda
09-20-2003, 06:54 PM
No offence taken Rush.

Actually, right now $80 is a reasonable sum, after a six week absence from earning, but havana is correct that it was the principle.

I worked of a $100 deposit bonus simultaneously and that is why it was the only day i bothered to chase.

Certainly not taken it the wrong way, but it is common knowledge here that my expenses almost exactly equal my earnings and moving up is a slow process (especially given a six week zero income period.

Comments like yours however are helpful in keeping me motivated on the move up, so no offence taken.

(I won over $200 at the 25nl tables, plus a $100 bonus plus a further $80 bonus, so it was well worth the 9 hours)

Lori

lorinda
09-20-2003, 07:22 PM
Kindly excuse the hideous layout of my previous post, I was up late last night......

Lori

tiltboy
09-20-2003, 11:00 PM
I think they need to get in line behind Puerto Rico and Iraq.

Lazymeatball
09-21-2003, 11:57 AM
How many hands did you have to play?
How much do you think you paid in rake?

I'm always curious about these promotions Party offers. At best the top 20 qualifiers probably got their rake back for the previous 27 table hours played. My rough calculations* suggest that party more than made up for the bonus money they gave out just from the rake of the qualifying players alone. Nevermind when you include the Top 201-240 players, and the usual dose of daily party fish.

Not to say it isn't fun to go for the bonus, especially assuming you can play better than break even poker. But the house definitely wins big on this promotion, assuming it has you playing more than you would be without the promotion. If I ran a pokerroom, I would offer this everyday.

*assumed
avg 65 hands per hour
avg $.55 rake per hand ($.50/1.00 table)

Lazymeatball