PDA

View Full Version : super /system ?????

12-26-2001, 02:21 AM
I'm looking for some opinions on the 7 stud section by Chip Reese and the high-low section by Sklansky.

12-26-2001, 04:21 AM
The seven stud section is one of the stronger sections in the book, possibly the one that is most relevant to poker as it is played today.* 7CS4AP is much better, though. The high-low section is excellent, but completely outdated. No one spreads high-low split without a qualifier anymore. Super/System is worth reading, but the 2+2 books are better and more cost-effective.

*The structure of limit hold'em has changed, making it a very different game, and draw and lowball aren't played that much anymore.

12-26-2001, 12:51 PM
I agree completely. S/S is still worth reading because it does have a large amount of good general poker information, but it is also outdated in many places; and the hold 'em advice is for a different structure game and today's game requires many changes.

12-26-2001, 10:24 PM
I agree. I think teh seven stud section is good especially if you already can play stud. You can look at it as a companion to 7CSFAP.

Pat

12-30-2001, 09:27 PM
After reading Doyle' book It's very difficult for almost everyone to raise a Brunson bet /images/smile.gif

Yes, it's an old book but in it there's the juice of no-limit poker: "guys in my table, don't make moves on me, I'll move all-in on you!"

Marco