PDA

View Full Version : Question for Gamblor

John Cole
09-19-2003, 10:23 AM
I think you may be the best poster to answer this, especially given your background. Let's assume that Arafat does not control or support every Palestinian terrorist group. (Obviously, many will disagree.) Let's also assume that Israel does not control or support every Israeli terrorist organization. What sorts of measures have been taken by the Israeli army or government to curtail the actions of organizations such as Terror Against Terror (TNT)? Or, does the Israeli army and government offer tacit support?

John

Gamblor
09-19-2003, 10:50 AM
Kach is the original Jewish terrorism movement- they believed that diplomatic means of peace with Arab neighbours had failed and the only way to ensure Jewish survival was to simply strike back.

Meir Kahane started the Jewish Defence League movement and has been jailed and is not allowed in Israel. Similar to their treatment of Palestinian terrorists, the Israeli government goes after the heads of these organizations - they ignore the bottom rung and arrest the leaders.

I believe these terrorists live by two precepts:
1) Israel (including Yehuda, Shomron, and Gaza) was given to the Jews by God - i.e. is the "Promised Land". God, in the bible, written thousands of years before Islam, even predicts that the enemies would try to kill them - the Aravim (hebrew for Arabs). Further indication that the later rise of Islam in the first half of the first millenium was only a furthering of anti-Israeli/Jewish hatred - not the start of it. They take this somewhat literally, as you can imagine.

2) God helps those who help themselves. Therefore, if they defend the land, and attempt to drive out the Aravim, God will help them. But first one must take initiative. While this applies to more peaceful areas of life, it seems to have been taken to a greater degree. I for one do not condone any of these acts, as it brings Israeli Jews down to the Arab's level.

For info on Israeli extremists (http://www.terrorismanswers.com/groups/kkc.html)

Cyrus
09-19-2003, 08:16 PM
"Meir Kahane started the Jewish Defence League movement and has been jailed and is not allowed in Israel."

I thought Zionist terrorists are always welcome in Israel -- for upto 10 years after they are dead but not after that.

Has it really been that long? /images/graemlins/crazy.gif