PDA

View Full Version : is this reasonable or stupid?

ccwhoelse?
09-19-2003, 01:17 AM
i'm going to try to play 3 party poker NL $25 max buy in tables at the same time and just play super tight unless i can see the flop cheaply for .50 cents.

is this a reasonable idea? or are there major drawbacks to this?

ElSapo
09-19-2003, 01:50 AM
Besides the obvious issue of spreading yourself too thin... I don't think there's anything unusual about seeing many, if not most, flops for just the BB on Party's $25 NL tables. They tend to be very passive which could easily get you involved in more hands than you expect.

ccwhoelse?
09-19-2003, 12:05 PM
is it at all possible to get a decent read on someone at the $25 NL party tables?

anyone have any tips?

like when i have aces, i don't want to raise the minimum, but anything more than that and all i win is the blinds.

crockpot
09-19-2003, 12:15 PM
if you want to try this, you may want to consider taking up PLO instead. since it's a much more hand value-driven game rather than reading players, you can play three tables at once without too much trouble. i play three PLO8 tables at once and rarely if ever feel swamped.

fireman664
09-19-2003, 03:05 PM
I find it reasonable easy to get a read on the bad players. Some raise the same amount with any ace..and the same with suited connectors...and the same with PP. To get a read while playing 3 tables is hard. (I play 2-3 $50 buy in tables)...I usually only concentrate on those players that are heavily involved in most hands. You know the same people who are in ever big pot, and either are broke or have $500.