PDA

View Full Version : Why I never ever complain about badness

Tommy Angelo
09-18-2003, 08:26 PM
Yesterday's $1000 buy-in no-limit game at Lucky Chances. ($10-10-20 blind, $40 to open). I came well-funded, ready to anchor in. The first 2K went poof when three guys made an arrangement to go $500 before the flop each, in the dark, if everyone else was out. Just one problem. They weren't in a row. Two of them were on my left, and one on my right. I had the button, the two on my left had blinds, and the guy on the right bet $500 in the blind after the in between players folded. I had been watching closely and there was no doubt that he had not looked at his cards. I looked at mine, and saw AJ suited. I shoved in $2000 allin. Fold, fold, and the $500 guy called with K5o and won.

I rebought 2K and folded another twelve thousands hands and was down to $1600 when I got pocket queens. Two super-live players limped in for $40 and the next guy made it $240. I was next. My stack size wasn't big enough to call. I should have folded, but I opted for allin. The limpers folded, and the $240 guy called and showed pocket kings. I showed my queens.

The flop came: K-6-2 with two diamonds. Oh, I have the queen of diamonds. Goody. Oh, he has the king of diamonds. Dang.

Turn: Q.

River, no jive, the case Q.

The longest postflop odds in hold'em broke my way to the tune of 3K+. The best part was, the other guy didn't even get slightly upset, and I didn't get even slightly glad. We just moved on to the next hand. Maybe we've played a little too much hold'em.

Tommy

jen
09-18-2003, 08:51 PM
Are you playing this game now? I'm a little peeved because I decided to take a short break and then I heard yesterday's game was awesome.

But your session sounds similar to one of my previous sessions. In a previous session, on the first round that I sat down -- Js versus 7s in the blinds and I lost my first $1k to a set. I rebought, and in the very next round, I lost pocket Ks to pocket 8s (all-in preflop) to a rivered set. Hmmm. I rebought for a third time and watched this rock-like pro (who sat down at about the same time that I did) go bust twice ($1500 apiece) in two consecutive hands. Hmmm. Fourth round, I'm on the button and found major Qs (Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif). Two off the button opened for 80. One off the button made it $240 to go. I thought AK or big pocket pair (was prepared to go all-in if no A or K flopped). I called. Flop: [K /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gif]. All-in, $800 bet, all-in. Turn, Q. River, Q.

One off the button had pocket Ks... wonder if we got the same guy. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

P.S. - How did you end up?

Ulysses
09-18-2003, 09:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
P.S. - How did you end up?

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't matter. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

happyjaypee
09-19-2003, 12:59 AM
Wow! ...and some people whinne online poker is rigged...

lol

-Happy /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

bigfishead
09-19-2003, 05:48 PM
at 5am CST on the internet! I saw Dave Enoch playing on UB and he told me he had just missed you but heard about that hand. Funny thing...3 days ago it happened to me almost just like that. 2-4 Blinds NL We flopped set over set KK vs QQ and I got there.

Of course I heard who it was in the hand with you and naturally he would never cry about spilled milk.

Ni Han!

BTW going to your site to get CD and hats!!!!