PDA

View Full Version : Bots? A reality?

AmericanAirlines
09-18-2003, 07:22 PM
I've heard mention of Bots on poker sites.

Anyone know if there's truth to this, or is it just myth.

Sincerely,
AA

Sarge85
09-18-2003, 07:29 PM
Inconclusive. I'm sure you'll get arguments supporting both sides.

Sarge /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

ZeeJustin
09-18-2003, 07:57 PM
Is there any truth that bots are out there on major poker sites?

Short Answer: No!

Long Answer: No!

Hrmm. I guess there wasn't really as much depth to the topic as I thought there was when I clicked the reply button.

Foldarama_City
09-18-2003, 08:08 PM
I think you'll only find them on small dodgy sites like propoker.com. At least I hope you'll only find them there.

Rushmore
09-18-2003, 08:42 PM
To support your theory, please feel free to make a large deposit at ProPoker, play for 10 hours, and then come back here and retract your imbecilic, uninformed assurances that there are no bots out there.

I cannot tell you how wrong you are.

lorinda
09-18-2003, 08:47 PM
I will not promise anyone here that Propoker uses bots.

I will however promise everyone that the site is crooked.

If anyone can prove beyond doubt that the crookedness is bots then I have an official letter from the KGC denying it and will go and burn their hut down using this info.

Lori

ramjam
09-18-2003, 09:18 PM
UB used to have some "dumbots" on their play money tables that you could take on for free. They played a somewhat weak-passive game.

dux
09-18-2003, 10:03 PM
Zee Justin was talking about the major sites, and in his defense I wouldn't classify ProPoker as one of the big poker rooms.

dux
09-18-2003, 10:08 PM
When I created an account at 24hPoker I played some play money rooms, mainly to see what Soko was like - and there was this guy called Auto1 with a huge stack. He was terrible at all forms of poker (but had a big stack in each). So I abused him - "why would you raise on the river without a pair in omaha?" etc.

This is pretty lame by itself, somebody abusing a fellow play money player, but it's worse when this player is obviously a robot (as I was informed by a third player who joined my game).

C M Burns
09-18-2003, 10:11 PM
Are potential bots really any tougher than a decent player? Turbo texas holdem has some good profiles but none that I can't beat. usually they will have some exploitable weakness that a human wouldn't and they won't adapt to even obvious tendincies in your play. I'd rather play with a bunch of bots then great players, to make money.

lorinda
09-18-2003, 10:23 PM
I think the type of bots being referred to in this thread were the 'naughty' kind that can see your hole cards and predict flops.

One of the best bots in the world is called poki, and I have provided a link which enables you to see its win rates and even play against it.

POKI (http://www.cs.ualberta.ca/~games/poker/)

They are not very good players (I have never played poki, but have read about it) and a non-cheating bot would not do very well against your average 2+2er winning type player.

It is my personal belief that there are bots that play and possibly even win in the smaller games, but I have no real proof of this, just a conversation with someone who claimed he could do it, and certainly understood the topic.

Lori