PDA

View Full Version : Question

Vehn
09-18-2003, 06:18 PM
Would anyone voluntarily play on Party if it wasn't for the action and bonuses?

Robk
09-18-2003, 06:21 PM
No. I'd still be at paradise.

Stew
09-18-2003, 06:21 PM
No and further I only play there (or at a skin) or any other place when I'm working a bonus.

jasonHoldEm
09-18-2003, 06:39 PM
Are you kidding? It would be soooo easy for paradise to get me back if they showed a little effort.

jHE

crockpot
09-18-2003, 07:21 PM
yellow color base, no flop %, crappy table and chip design, 24 hour live help with agents who can't speak english. how can you go wrong with any of that?

ZeeJustin
09-18-2003, 07:28 PM
Nope. I would be on stars for sure.

daryn
09-18-2003, 08:38 PM
if you only play party etc. when you're working off a bonus, you are losing (or not winning) large amounts of money

lorinda
09-18-2003, 08:38 PM
I hardly play there even with those great factors.

Lori

Rushmore
09-18-2003, 08:46 PM
It's pathetic. I don't play there PERIOD. I played there about a week, won a few bets, made my bonus, cashed out, and would never consider going back there for any reason.

It sucks. I'd rather play at freakin UB.

And THAT'S saying something.

jasonHoldEm
09-18-2003, 08:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I hardly play there even with those great factors.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's cause you're a shill for that other site.

(At least that's what Tom_D told me /images/graemlins/tongue.gif )

jHE

RockLobster
09-18-2003, 09:01 PM
No, it's my least favorite software of the sites that I use.

David
09-18-2003, 09:04 PM
As many of you know, I have always been a staunch supporter of Pokerstars. I still love the site and have made money there at up to the 10/20 level. I also still think Paradise is the only site that support, software, and just about everything else is equal to Pokerstars. I also have come to like Truepoker. I made a deposit there for the Zoo does True tourney and ran it up to over 5 times what I deposited in a little over 2 weeks, playing 3/6, 5/10, and a little 10/20. Very responsive and friendly staff and players there.

All that said, anyone who does not concentrate the bulk of their playing time on Party right now is missing out on possibly the chance of a lifetime to make untold amounts of money. I have never seen anything like this in my life. Since I decided, after watching the games on Party alot over a few days, to play almost exclusively at Party. I have won thousands playing 3/6, 5/10, and 15/30 over the last couple of weeks. I am not exagerating when I say thousands. I have had my setbacks, badbeats, suck outs, and moments of utter amazement and frustration. But, I have managed to stay away from my enemy, tilt, and remain focused on my goal. I am no better a player than most on this site and if this was a small site I wouldn't be posting this. Folks, there is room for us all there. If you're serious about winning poker there is no other place to be at this moment in poker history.

It is raining money at Partypoker and I am there with a bucket to catch all I can.

jasonHoldEm
09-18-2003, 09:26 PM
Shhh...

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Beerfund
09-18-2003, 09:42 PM
I only play at Party when I'm reallllllly drunk so if I get lucky I'll win more

happyjaypee
09-18-2003, 10:15 PM
Nope, I would be at Stars.

I just recently started limit poker (Played online NL for 2 years) and had a hard time just breaking even at Stars. Limit is so new to me...

I move half my bankroll from stars to party to play limit there and WOW!!! I'm totally crushing the games! I easyly triple my bankroll and I want more!

When the pond will dry, I'll take my buisness elsewhere.

-Happy /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Stew
09-18-2003, 10:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if you only play party etc. when you're working off a bonus, you are losing (or not winning) large amounts of money

[/ QUOTE ]

Daryn, that may be true and I should not say I only play when I am working off a bonus, but more than 75% of the time when I play it is towards working off a bonus. Why should I play at one place when I am getting paid to play at another. my win rate is not signicantly higher at any one site over the other. I also play tournaments quite often (both single table and multi's) so that doesn't count towards a bonus either (except at Stars).

Furthermore, I bought in to online poker 01/28/03. In approximately 8 months my roll is 20 times my buy-in and I have cashed over 50 times that to my pocket.

I think what I'm doing works for me since the highest limit I have ever played online is $1/$2 (I play $.50/$1.00 the majority of the time).

Also, to add on to that, I am not involved anywhere as an affiliate. I play approximately three hours of poker per day. My win rate is approximately $4.16 per hour.

daryn
09-18-2003, 10:45 PM
maybe you misunderstood, i wasn't trying to say you're a losing poker player.. but i belive if you have some poker ability (and clearly you do from your post) then you would make more money on party's 3-6 than paradise's 3-6, or party's 5-10 than par... you get it. i just believe this is true simply because the average skill on party is way lower than any other site.

Homer
09-18-2003, 10:48 PM
No

Stew
09-18-2003, 10:49 PM
That is an excellent point, but I don't play 3/6 and probably never will (online). I find 1/2 and below comparable everywhere, so to me the games I play no matter where they are (except maybe the 1/2 at Stars, which I think is the toughest) are all comparatively equal. Therefore, to add some profit to my hourly rate, I am a whore, LOL.

daryn
09-18-2003, 10:52 PM
ok, i hear you. but i picked 3-6 and 5-10 out of a hat, i basically mean ALL LIMITS. if you play on party long enough , you see the strangest things.

like i said before, sometimes i think they call the river because they think another card is coming

Stew
09-18-2003, 11:38 PM
Daryn, I hate to say it but that's true for 1/2 anywhere.

TobDog
09-19-2003, 12:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It sucks. I'd rather play at freakin UB.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whats wrong with UB?
besides the network problems, disconects, etc...

richie
09-19-2003, 12:46 AM
I guess I'm in the minority here. I would play there regardless. It's always been my favorite site. I only play the low limit games, but they're definitely easier there than, say, Ub or Paradise. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Terry
09-19-2003, 02:01 AM
Haven't played there for months -- can't understand why people put up with it.

Ulysses
09-19-2003, 02:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Haven't played there for months -- can't understand why people put up with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, I posted a similar question (Another Question) below, but what is it that I'm putting up with?

Maybe I just don't know any better, but everything seems to work fine at Party. Sometimes it's a little slow and sometimes there are connectivity problems to partypoker.com (while the rest of the Internet is fine). Are those the types of things you guys are talking about?

goodguy_1
09-19-2003, 05:41 AM
If you cant make 5K a month at Party right now you are either not playing fulltime or playing too low.
PokerStars and Paradise have far superior software.If the action wasnt at Party and it was somewhere else I would play wherever action is the best.I play everywhere ..even dreaded Pacific Poker and thats some crappy software.

richie
09-19-2003, 07:15 PM
Well, their support sucks, but I can't say I ever needed to get hold of them, at least not in the last several months anyway. Their multi-table tourneys can be an adventure, with pauses, cancellations, etc. but I don't play multi-level tournies, so I couldn't care less. Their software is fairly quick, only pokerstars and UB IMO are quicker. Some people don't like the avatars, but you can turn those off anyway. I really don't know why people bash Party to death, all things considered I think they're great. Depends on what you value I guess--I value the bonuses and loose games. I should add I haven't played at Pokerstars or Paradise in over a year, their games have gotten better, I suppose. I should also add that I used to lose at Paradise and Pokerstars, I first started winning when I went to Party, so I'm definitely biased towards Party. Of course, when I first started playing, I was a big fish /images/graemlins/blush.gif Perhaps I will try the other sites again. I play at UB occasionally, though I have nowhere near the win rate that I do at Party. To me, that's the bottom line--where do I make the most money? the answer for me is Party. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rushmore
09-19-2003, 07:48 PM
Great reply. The bottom line needs to be dollars in account, of course.

On the other hand, not everyone is willing to go to that restaurant. You know, the one where "the food is great, but the service sucks."

I'm the guy who's not willing.

P.S. At ProPoker, my soup had a fly in it, so I called the waiter over and said "Waiter, there is a fly in my soup." and he whispered in my ear, "Ssshhhh. Everyone will--" And then he wrestled me to the ground and beat the living [censored] out of me and stole my wallet.

dux
09-19-2003, 11:30 PM

ZeeJustin
09-19-2003, 11:35 PM
LOL!