PDA

View Full Version : 20 questions with TruePoker CEO

Poker blog
09-18-2003, 02:01 PM
I posted this on the internet forum as well, but I thought I'd let y'all know that I have 20 questions with the TruePoker CEO up at my blog.

Here's the link: 20 questions with TruePoker CEO (http://ricegrad.blogspot.com)

also, this is the permalink that you can cut and paste into your browsers. http://ricegrad.blogspot.com/2003_09_14_ricegrad_archive.html#10638562153129856 1

I'd cut and paste it here, but it's too long.

There's some interesting stuff there, including the fact that TruePoker thought about introducing "hockey fights" at their tables!

pudley4
09-18-2003, 03:25 PM
Nice read.

What does he mean by "hockey fights"? Does he mean we would see our characters jump up, run over, and beat the sh!t out of the guy who cold-called 3 bets preflop with 52o and went runner-runner to beat our AA? Cool /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Packerfan1
09-19-2003, 11:36 AM
(My idea updated from March 2002)

If advertised, Hockey fights would make True the number one room in less than three months. The uber-fish at Party would flock to True if they could actually get some entertainment while getting their wallets emptied.

Limit every player to picking 2 fights per hour, or maybe you earn "fight credits" for every 100 raked hands. Make it a rock-paper-scissors decision that each player must make and the loser gets their aminated butt kicked (or maybe shot by the gangster guy, or driven over by the George Michael lookin biker guy, or maybe if a male character beats a female character she has too.... well, you can run with the idea from there. Maybe we can have a "tantrum" button where you can fling your cards at Guido/ette's head.

Advertise it during the hockey games on ESPN. All the WPT Gus Hansen "any 2 cards can win" wannabees will flock to it just to see the half-naked blonde chick and the green hat elf babe battle it out in a fountain like the Lite beer commercial.

Cripes just a demo chick fight on the website would cause millions of people to download the software. They'd deposit $50 just so they could have enough money to watch all the fights at the $1/$2 tables.

Sure it'll slow the games down a little... but you'll be packed. I'm telling you, its a winner. Get those programmers on it (even if its just a joke reel for us existing True Players).

Packerfan1

PS- What's the joke behind the biker guy's saying "A chiuwawa's in my sweater" ???

TruePoker CEO
09-21-2003, 10:27 AM
Well, yes. .... but we decided that it would disrupt the game .... unless maybe we can figure out a way for the graphics to appear only on your screen.

Glurfle
09-23-2003, 05:22 AM
Man, that's a great idea. I'd love to see even more incentive for players to play crap just for the chance to occasionally suck out on me, although I'm sure it would quickly go the way of the congratulations stuff on Party. It would be hilarious while it lasted, though.

By the way, your links both seem to be down at the moment.

thetman
09-23-2003, 05:26 AM
Personally, I'd prefer upgrades on the actual games.

TruePoker CEO
09-25-2003, 09:24 PM
You asked for a game upgrade ? You've got it, plus a Bonus will be shared in by ten players TOMORROW.

TruePoker will be performing server upgrades between 8 a.m. and 9 a.m. CDT on Friday, September 26th. We are replacing and upgrading servers for better performance. The new servers will increase speed and improve the quality of our games.

$500 Restart Bonus -- We will be down for about an hour. Don't go far, we are offering a $50 each to the FIRST TEN players who win a raked hand after the re-start. Hand qualifying rules: 4 player minimum dealt in for the raked hand to qualify. Each player can only win one $50 bonus. Bonuses will be determined and paid on Saturday Sept 27.

(We will work as fast as we can after we begin the switch of servers, so we can only estimate the time at 1 hour. The Bonus will start as soon as we are back up and running.)

Truepoker CEO