PDA

View Full Version : Interesting forward I got.

Inthacup
09-18-2003, 12:26 PM
I won't forward it because I disagree in principle with chain forwards, but this one I actually enjoyed:

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

Amzanig huh?

Is this post worthless? Yes. That's why I put it in the other topics forum.

Cup

Wake up CALL
09-18-2003, 12:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is this post worthless? Yes. That's why I put it in the other topics forum.

Cup

[/ QUOTE ]

I was unedr the disnict imrepisson taht uselses potss belnoegd in the ZOO fourm. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

daryn
09-18-2003, 12:40 PM
i guess this is interesting but everyone knows this, maybe they don't know they know it though. well, anyone who tries to learn a foreign language from scratch will find out soon that we sight read our own language, but cannot for another language because we don't instantly recognize words

Ray Zee
09-18-2003, 01:11 PM
this is a very important post. it shows that on the internet you need not worry about getting all your punc. and spelling right. who cares as long as you can read it and understand it without too much delay.

daryn
09-18-2003, 02:18 PM
agreed ray

i can't stand when someone makes a simple spelling error or grammar error and 10 people feel the need to chime in. it's all about communication.. if i can hoot and grunt, and somehow you understand me, then all is well

baggins
09-19-2003, 12:39 AM
Tenacious D rules!

John Cole
09-19-2003, 12:40 AM
You could look through the posts here and find that although many posters are certainly capable of pointing out small mistakes, very few actually do so. In fact, it's a rare event. Once in a while, though, someone will make note of a real howler, just for the sheer entertainment value. RGP posters, on the other hand, delight in the useless exercise of spotting mistakes.

John