PDA

View Full Version : Seeking next book...

12-05-2001, 10:07 PM
Hi all,

I've got pretty much every "basic" book that a serious player should have on his bookshelf. The Lee jones, Krieger, West, Cloutier and Ciaffone books, plus Super System and other books. All the advanced books from 2+2, the Psychology of Poker and Inside the Poker Mind.

It's always good to read new stuff, while every book does repeat what other books say, I always learn new things or learn to see things differently.

I am wondering about these books to improve my game:

The 12 days to Hold'em Succes - Caro

The 11 days to Stud Success- Caro

The Professional Stud Report - Caro

The 3 Poker Essays - Malmuth

I am going to purchase the Essays for sure. I've read that the third one really rocks. I'll probably start with that one.

Please comment on all these books. Are the Caro books really basic strategy or are they worth it, even for a semi-advanced player?

Thanks,

Nicolas Fradet (The Prince)

12-05-2001, 10:20 PM
The three Caro titles are not books but rather reports. I've given the three you have listed either a 7 or an 8 on my 1-to-10 review scale (where 10 is the best) so they have my approval. A fourth report called The Professional Hold 'em Report I gave a poor review to and I believe it is now removed from the market.

12-06-2001, 07:57 AM
vol iii..get the most recent work and go back...it is also extremely good luck to read vol iii...try it..i guarantee...but the real next book is your synthesis at the table...write your own book..collect your own royalties...nice having your pockets crammed with big bens..read vol iii...just an idea..gl

12-07-2001, 09:21 AM

12-08-2001, 05:08 PM
Have you read:

* The Theory of Poker

* Sklansky on Poker

* Getting the Best of It

Now that I've touted Sklansky's books I will also add

* Improve Your Poker (Ciaffone)

Also, go back and re-read the books you have already read. You'll be surprised how much you missed or have forgotten.

TRLS