PDA

View Full Version : So Just Who are the Big Guns Here?

Festus22
09-18-2003, 08:30 AM
After reading thousands of posts, I think I'm getting some insight on who are the very best players here. I know this topic is inherently biased, quite subjective and probably game-specific but I'd be curious to see if my opinions are shared by others. Who are the big holdem guns? Are there players here that regularly play in WSOP or other large events? Anyone here ever make the final table or even win? Any mega-stakes players? I need to know who to watch out for if any of these ringers shows up at our weekly game /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Thoughts? (And no extra points awarded for modesty)

SoBeDude
09-18-2003, 11:11 AM
always carefully read everything Mason Malmuth posts. When he has something to say, pay attention (old EF Hutton commercials spring to mind).

-Scott

Inthacup
09-18-2003, 11:30 AM
If you're looking for tournament stars, you won't find many here. However, there are some very good mid-high limit players that post here. These are the people you should be listening to anyway.

I would prefer the advice of a player who's made a living at 20-40 for the past 10 years over a tournament pro any day.

ML4L
09-18-2003, 02:54 PM
Hey Festus,

Hopefully I don't offend anyone by omitting them, as sometimes it's tough to remember all of the great players who post here. Off the top of my head, some the best players are, IMHO:

Sklansky
Malmuth
Dynasty
Clarkmeister
Tommy Angelo (you either love him or hate him...)
Rick Nebiolo
Andy Fox

It's tough to say what distinguishes them from the rest, but they just seem to stand out in my mind. There is a sizeable group that is not far behind (including Ulysses, JA Sucker, bad beetz, and Coilean, to name a few).

Regarding NL/PL (which is what I primarily play), Fossilman, Ray Zee, and soda are my three favorites...

ML4L