PDA

View Full Version : Low limit book

12-04-2001, 05:02 AM
Is there any chance you guys at 2+2 will ever publish a book on low limit poker? A Low Limit book as well as a pot limit/no limit book would make my 2+2 poker library complete. How 'bout it guys?

12-04-2001, 01:21 PM
I think the thing is that theres enough good books out there for the low limit players and S & M really focus on advancing and or advanced concepts..

Thruthfully anyone of any intelligence would get the hell out of low limit very quickly once they have a disciplined solid foundation...Then game selection & bankroll would be of prime consideration

All thier work is quite thought provoking and definitely leads the field in related matters...

Anyway just my thoughts on the post...

jg

12-04-2001, 01:54 PM
Mason has pointed out that LL hold'em is the same game as high or mid-limit hold'em, unlike in stud where the structure makes the games different games. There is no question that LL games play much differently from the higher limits, but the concepts used to win LL are the same ones. I found the loose games section in the new edition of HPFAP was valuable for LL games, at least the loose ones. I have played in some LL games in Las Vegas that played much tougher than a typical LL game, and in these you need to know more than just the style that wins in loose games. But I needed all the information so I could adjust to the conditions better. I've read the first edition of the Lee Jones book, and found HPFAP with the loose games section better.

12-04-2001, 11:38 PM
Agreed. I love the Lee Jones book, but the Loose Games section in HPFAP is the best advice I have read for low limit.

Tim