PDA

View Full Version : pot limit and no limit book

12-03-2001, 07:04 AM
Hello. I would like to get my feet wet in pot limit and no limit holdem. I see there are two books out there available.

'Pot-Limit & No-Limit Poker' by Bob Ciaffone and 'Championship no-limit and pot-limit hold'em : on the road to the World Series of Poker' by Cloutier.

If you have read either one, would one would you recommend?

Thanks.

12-03-2001, 07:41 AM
I recommend the Ciaffone book. Here's my review of it that appears in my book Gambling Theory and Other Topics. Note that a 10 is the highest rating I give.

Pot-Limit & No-Limit Poker (10) by Stewart Reuben & Bob Ciaffone. Without a doubt this is the best information ever put out on these games. It contains terrific discussions of no-limit hold

’em, pot-limit hold ’em, pot-limit Omaha, as well as some other games played with a “big bet.” In addition advice on tournaments and satellite play is given. And, to help you learn the material

quizzes are provided. However, it is not an easy book. Much of the text is quite complicated and a quick easy read “won’t get it. But if you are interested in any of these games, and some of them

do appear around the major tournaments, specially the World Series of Poker, it is must reading.

12-03-2001, 09:32 PM
Mason glad you put up this post because I`ve been waiting two weeks for the book from conjelco as well as...Improve Your Poker...

The disfunctions over at rgp say the book isnt all that great ...but having seen your post i am more at ease and feel your reviews as meeting quite a strict criteria. to recieve a 10 rating..

thanks

jg

12-04-2001, 03:04 AM
thanks for the review, mason. ok, i've shelled out the bucks and got bob's book as a xmas present for myself. hopefully it is as good as HPAP.