PDA

View Full Version : Adapting to Party Poker Blind Structure

Malone Brown
09-17-2003, 07:14 PM
I've been playing at UB for about 6 months now and decided to give PP a try. I play mosty $30 - $100 NLH SNGs. I found that PP players are, for the most part, are much more poor than at UB. My problem is that I'm having a hard time adjusting to the blind increases at PP. I find that because you start with less chips, and the blinds increase so fast, that it really does not give good, tight agressive players time to win, sometimes it seems like more of a crap-shoot. This could just be my limited experience but I was wondering if anyone else has this feeling and if so how they adapted. Sorry if this has been asked previously, I'm new to posting here. Thanks for the help
Krserre

Paul2432
09-17-2003, 11:27 PM
I suggest re-posting in the tournament forum where you're more likely to receive responses. This forum deals with cash NL and PL games.

That said, the strategy for the PP SNG is tight early, loose aggressive late. Late in the tournament (say 50/100 and later) your goal generally is to win the blinds and stay alive until you can trap someone with AA or KK and double through. Avoid putting in say 1/3 t 1/2 of your stack, instead go all-in.

That is how I play them at least.

Paul