PDA

View Full Version : Lee Jones 1st v. 2nd ed.

11-30-2001, 10:21 PM
Does anyone own both the first and second editions of WLLH by Lee Jones? I have the first and am contemplating buying the second. I did glance at it a little in the bookstore and noticed that his early position recommendations had changed substantially in the 2nd edition. Didn't want to be rude and look at the whole book there, but if anyone has them both, is it worth forking over the 24.95 to get the second edition? When I refer to the old one now I keep wondering if the advice I'm reading is now out of date.

Thanks, Tim

12-01-2001, 04:02 AM
Tim

I have both and would strongly suggest you get the new edition.

Good Luck

Howard

12-01-2001, 06:44 AM
I have both and have also noticed by thumbing through it that there are many changes from the first. Even though many people rave about the first book I have always been highly critical of it because it simply got so many concepts wrong. (Just because somethng is dynamically written it doesn't mean that it is accurate.) So the many changes may imply that the author is agreeing with some of our criticisms.

However, I do suspect that the second edition is much better, but it needs much improvement from the original work before I would recommend it. I'll try to get it read fairly soon and hopefully will be able to post a positive review of it.

12-01-2001, 12:31 PM
There was some discussion about the second edition earlier on when this forum first started. It is probably in the archives by now.

Pat