PDA

View Full Version : For Mason Malmuth: complete my list

11-30-2001, 06:10 PM
Mason,

I have many poker books but I wish to complete my library.

I have All your books except POker ESsays; I have all Sklansky, TJ CLoutier, Ciaffone books.

All stud books are on my library.

I have LOu Krieger first book and Lee JOnes one.

What to buy?

What about Alan SChoenmaker psychology book?

OMaha Championship by TJ CLoutier is worth the prize?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions,

Marco

11-30-2001, 10:18 PM
Get

Inside the Poker Mind by John Feeney

The Psychology of Poker by Alan Schoonmaker

Winning Poker Systems by Norman Zadeh

and even though it is outdated you may want to add Super/System by Doyle Brunson

and after you have read and studied these books if you discover that you can't win you should get The Professional Poker's Dealer's Handbook. /images/smile.gif

11-30-2001, 10:40 PM
Winning poker system is available at chuck weinstock site?

Thanks

12-01-2001, 06:43 PM
Zadeh's book came out in 1974, I believe. I got my copy used. You might try half.com or eBay. Is it still in print?

I recently got Mason's "Essays" books and they are all very good, worth getting even if you have the other 2+2 books.

12-01-2001, 10:03 PM
vol III..buy it..read it..study it..live it ..breathe it...break through book...this is what can take you to winning 10-20..20-40..no kidding..do it..jmho..gl

12-04-2001, 10:10 PM
Mason,

I disagree about the Poker Dealers book. I'd rather have a dealer at the table that does not play poker. Anyway, a real job will pay much better.

12-05-2001, 02:09 AM
I will disagree with you here. I would rather have a poker-playing dealer at the table (dealing) ASSUMING S/HE DOES NOT GET INVOLVED IN THE HANDS (a major problem...).

Player/dealers are more conscious of what it is like on the other side of the table.

Let me add something...I would rather have a GOOD poker player dealing. I would rather have the BAD player/dealers on the playing side of the table. There are plenty of those!

I played poker seriously for five years before becoming a dealer last January. I believe I am much better able to cope with the whiners and problem players after being in the player's seat for a while.

As an aside, being a dealer helps me be a better player, as I am familiar with all rules and procedures and that makes that much less I need to think about while playing.

12-06-2001, 07:45 PM
I quote Alann Schoonmaker:

Every well crafted book is aimed at a clearly defined target audience. My book is a textbook for "Poker Psychology 101," and it is written for people who need help with the basic principles. I have told many advanced players: Don't read my book because it wasn't written for you. Read John Feeney's "Inside the poker mind."

So Mason, with the author saying that how could you put both books on your list?

Personally I wouldn't waste your time with Alann's book. I didn't find most of what it had to say very insightful.

12-06-2001, 08:00 PM
I did it for the money?????

By the way, something tells me that your tendency at the poker table is to be way too loose and aggressive. I wonder how close to Dr. Schoonmaker's rating of (9,9) you would tend to be.

12-07-2001, 05:21 PM
"I did it for the money?????"

Thats a reasonable response, although one that the original poster should use to evaluate your suggestions.

"By the way, something tells me that your tendency at the poker table is to be way too loose and aggressive. I wonder how close to Dr. Schoonmaker's rating of (9,9) you would tend to be."

Quite possible. And per our email last year you still havn't won a pot off of me.