PDA

View Full Version : poker vision

05-30-2002, 03:07 PM
I find when I get a great hand, like flopping the nut flush or another good hand, I tend to ignore the board and bet balls out. This has cost me several times by losing to a full house on the river etc. I also throw away good hands by over-reading the board cards.

Any suggestions on being able to hone in on the cards and not go so drastic.

many thanks

05-30-2002, 08:32 PM
I'm not sure how to say this so please bear/bare/bair with me...

So you have "Aces and Fives". While you know its FACE value you don't know much about the hand's TRUE value. Clearly [A5] board [AT652] is a MUCH better hand than [55] board [AAKT9 3-flush]. Likewise the value of an "Ace high flush" changes drastically depending on whether YOU have the Ace and the presense of pairs on the board.

So you need to compare your raw hand value with the one the opponent's are likely to have to determine the true value of the hand.

You also need to be thinking in terms of what the opponent thinks you have, and to do that you need to always be aware of what hand you are "representing" to the opponent.

Did this help?

- Louie

05-31-2002, 10:51 PM
This is probably related to being fairly new to the game, so when you flop a hand you get excited and are ready to pound away. The best remedy for this is to calm down and relax at the table. Try to behave the same way no matter what the flop or what you intend to do. Along with playing blindly into boats and other monsters I bet this has cost you money as tell also. If you are usually uninterested and laid back and all of a sudden you are sitting on the edge of your seat and betting with both hands, opponets will notice. Don't get in a hurry, and try to do things the same way everytime; that includes reevaluating your hand in regards to the latest combination of cards on the board. With some game time and practice, this is something you should be able to get a good handle on.

Good luck,

Fitz

06-04-2002, 12:56 AM
I'm serious.