PDA

View Full Version : Going to the Taj--Poker room rate?

LondonBroil
09-16-2003, 11:30 AM
Me and a few friends were thinking about going down on Friday the 26th and I was wondering if there is a poker room rate for the weekends.

If there is, how many hours would I have to play in order to receive the special rate?

Homer
09-16-2003, 12:44 PM
Yes, it's $65 wkends, $50 wkdays. You probably won't get it if you don't have established play at high limits.

JoeU
09-16-2003, 12:47 PM
Homer,

I ill be in AC on Sunday, and according to the poker room, the $65 room rate applies for 4 hours of play at any level. I hope their information was correct. I will probably call the room again to verify. I played there earlier this year (March), and spent a fair amount of time in the room. Would they take this into consideration?

Joe

serling
09-16-2003, 01:25 PM
Two months ago I tried for the Taj poker rate on a Sunday night around 5 p.m., after having played several eight-hour 3-6 sessions over that weekend and the past month. The contact person the room told me to call (I can't remember her name) wasn't in, so they put me on a list and if a room became available, they'd call my name on the loudspeaker at 11 p.m.

I don't know if this is standard procedure, but I suspect they hold these rooms for "bigger" players and then release them first-come, first-serve. I didn't feel up for waiting so I went elsewhere.

Definitely call in advance and confirm.

serling

CrackerZack
09-16-2003, 02:49 PM
The rate is accurate but they only set aside a small number of rooms for people getting the poker rate and you need to reserve it well in advance.

JoeU
09-16-2003, 02:54 PM
Thanks for the info guys. I already have a reservation for Sunday, I was looking to get the rate reduced. I will call tonight, but I also think I will contact the floor person immediately hen I get there on Sunday.

Joe

lefty rosen
09-16-2003, 03:32 PM
yeah the 2/4 grinder is a high priority on their list, like the guy who is tapped and asking around for people to buy his comp bucks at 50 cents on the dollar.....

JoeU
09-16-2003, 03:48 PM
It doesn't hurt to ask. What's the worst they could say....no? Why pay ful price for the room if they would give you a break. My wife played nickel slots while we were there for a total of 1 1/2 hours, and they now send her room deals all the time.