PDA

View Full Version : Recommended books on short-handed HE play? (nt)

11-21-2001, 11:51 AM
Thanx!

11-23-2001, 04:22 AM
The only leads I got were books I already knew of...

21st Cent edition HFAP (Skalansky & Malmuth)

Super System (Doyle Brunson)

One other book I recently picked has a short section on short-handed play, giving specific quidelines for hands to play. The section is 7 pages long. The book is "The Complete Book of Hold 'Em Poker" by Gary Carson."

Any other books that I missed?

11-23-2001, 04:23 AM
"Inside the Poker Mind" by John Feenie is a must read.

11-23-2001, 05:06 AM
You might consider doing a search for abdulj@posev.com on dejanews. He has posted to RGP a fair bit about short handed games.

11-23-2001, 07:01 PM
Maybe 2+2 could do something. Or someone else for that matter. I have always wanted to read some well set out and logical strategies for 5 player through to heads up tables. All tournament players encounter this situation frequently but there is no dedicated literature on the subject. Really one could write a whole book on short handed play, starting with 5 players, and moving through to 3 handed and heads up play. How to play stack sizes, and the relationship of stack sizes to blinds could be covered. Cash games vs tournament play. Limit, nolimit, and pot limit play. Not to mention stud, omaha, draw, and hilo strategies.

Mason, David, and Ray, get out the typewriters.

11-26-2001, 03:34 PM
Thanx, guys. After spending some time at Deja, I have found a link to Abdul's Short-handed strategy listed in the Best Of Rec.Gambling (BORG) at http://www.kimberg.com/poker/borg/poker/short-handed-play/0000.html