PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to Mason, et al, re: "Are you sure about this" ?

huzitup2
09-15-2003, 07:22 PM
The following refers to my post regarding the number of hours required to achieve an aceptable "confidence level" regarding one's win rate.

I didn't take into account the fact that the player in question WAS a proven winner PRIOR to the 300+ hours upon which I "rated" him.

My thanks to Mason and the others who took the time to point out the fact that I had overlooked the [painfully] obvious.

Small aside: 50 more hours played - win rate is above $7 per hour / per game / for two games of 1-2 played simultaneously.

As I pointed out in my original post, $14 per hour (net - I doubt he plans do declare this income) is less than alot of our posters pay in TAXES, but this does not change the fact that it is more than alot of people earn.

Note to self: Make a concerted effort to say "please" and "thank you" to those people out there who earn half of this, yet provide valuable service(s).

Sorry for being "sappy"; the chambermaid just left the room. (I'm currently traveling and have spent the last six weeks in various hotels).

- YES, she received a generous gratuity.

Thanks again, all.

- H