PDA

View Full Version : San Antonio on Business Tomorrow--What to do in Riverwalk area?

Jeffage
09-15-2003, 06:46 PM
Hey Everyone,

So I have to take trip to San Antonio on business tomorrow. I'm staying in the San Antonio Riverwalk area from Tues-Thursday. So anyone know of must visit restaurants and (partcularly) bars, attractions in the area. I'm pretty sure no poker but I'd welcome being corrected /images/graemlins/cool.gif. I'm eating at Texas Land & Cattle Steak House with people I'm meeting with Tuesday night? Anyone ever go there? General comments appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff

David
09-15-2003, 10:06 PM
Texas Land and Cattle is an OK steakhouse, not great, but you probably won't get food poisoning. lol!

On the riverwalk....
Eat at Boudro's, great food!
Eat at Casa Rio, good Mexican food!
DON"T eat at The Original Mexican Rest, PUKE!

You have got to eat at least 1 meal at Mi' Tiera at Market Sguare. Take the trolley from Downtown/Riverwalk. Great Mexican food (I especially love their breakfasts).

Nice lively places for drinks abound on the Riverwalk. I like Republic of Texas myself, try their nachos. Other than that their food is only so-so.

If you like it a little wild, try Polyesters at night. Can get wild in there.

Hope you enjoy!

Jeffage
09-15-2003, 10:29 PM
Thanks for the tips! I'll let you know how it goes /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Jeff

tiltboy
09-15-2003, 11:49 PM
Texas Land and Cattle
I went there my last trip to SA and got the smoked steak, which was wonderful, but they gave me enough food to feed Mexico City. The food is not fabulous overall, but it is tasty and they do give you a lot of it.

David
09-16-2003, 01:37 AM
I forgot, u gotta try the smoked steak and sweet potatoe at Texas Land & cattle!!!