PDA

View Full Version : Critique this hand

Gainsay
09-15-2003, 10:37 AM
.25/.50 PL at Stars. I don't have a good read on any relevant opponents in this hand, but the table is playing loose-passive in general.

I'm in middle position with K /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Betting goes limp, limp, folded to me. I raise to $2.
Everybody else folds except for the two people who limped, they both call.

Flop is :

8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Checked to me. I bet $4, first person calls, second folds.

Turn is 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Checked to me, and I check.

River is K /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Opponent bets $6, and I raise to $12, which puts him all in.

I'm mainly interested to in whether or not people think I played the turn and river correctly.

Zag
09-15-2003, 11:25 AM
I certainly would disagree with the raise if you both had big stacks and it opened up the betting for him again. With the raise putting him all in, it depends on the player. If he would call with a 9, or with TT, JJ, QQ, then it is OK. If you think there is even a chance he could lay these down, then you should have just called.

Gainsay
09-15-2003, 12:32 PM
I agree that calling on the river was probably the correct play. As it turned out, he had pocket 9's so he had a better full house than I did. The only bet I didn't like in retrospect was raising on the river, but it seems like this is going to still be an expensive hand.