PDA

View Full Version : The PLO game at partypoker

Acesover8s
09-14-2003, 03:54 PM
I have been playing PLO for 2 years now, regularly beating the 1-2/2-4 games on stars, the games on UB, and even a local 5-10 game.

I have recently transitioned to partypoker since I'm told even a chimpanzee can make 75$ to $100 an hour there playing 3-6 limit holdem.

Here is my problem. I cannot beat the PLO game here. I have 8 sessions logged from the $25 to the $100 game, all small-medium losses. It seems that I miss every flop or bet into a myriad # of slowplayers. I wind up adding 5-20$ to my stack with each go around of the button rarely dragging a pot.

I would like to know am I experiencing a bad run in obviously easy games? Are the 2+2 stars regulars on here beating this game (stunnor, guy, hoydilla, fossilman, etc.). Are you changing up your strategy for this game?

Thanks,

goodguy_1
09-14-2003, 04:20 PM
I been playing PLO games at Stars and Party for the last year.
My expectaions and experience is this:a good/great player should be making 10-20 times the big blind I seem to make about 13-15 times big blind in small games ..the ones i stick to.Thats the 0.25/0.50 and 0.50/1.00 blind games.
If u make 20 times bigblind thats $10 and $20 per hour respectively for these small games.
The Stars PLO $1-2 and $2-4 games are much tougher and you better have a committed solid bankroll to play the 2-4 PLO game at Stars.
I lost 4 grand in that game in 3 weeks but ground it back over a month.Now I stick to easier pickings.

BaronVonCP
09-14-2003, 04:45 PM
I'm a fairly new player. But I have found the $25 PLO on party to be very easy to beat. Its not because I have any real talent, I just wait for good hands and get paid off.
You probably just have had a run of bad cards.

Maybe I've just been lucky and have sat at good tables where people lead out with pot sized bets, 3 people call, I look at my hand and I have the nuts, reraise and get 3 people all in and close to drawing dead.

Keep playing. I don't see how you, with knoledge and experience can not beat this game.

crockpot
09-14-2003, 08:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have 8 sessions logged from the $25 to the $100 game, all small-medium losses. It seems that I miss every flop or bet into a myriad # of slowplayers.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you miss every flop, what indicates that this is your fault? as for the betting into slowplayers thing, however, i have a simple strategic change for you: just don't bluff or bet weak hands in multiway pots here.

i definitely refuse to believe that the server's PLO games are unbeatable, since every time i come back to party between trying out new sites, i leave with a solid PLO and PLO8 profit after clearing out some re-deposit bonuses.

Guy McSucker
09-15-2003, 03:18 AM
Aces,

The small Party PLO games ($25 and $50) are definitely soft. I have had pot-sized river bets called in three places when holding the nut flush, for example. I am 100% certain you can beat these games.

It's not a whole lot of fun though. You shouldn't make any of those neat plays that get you the $$$ on Stars. Just get the best hand or a big draw and bet it appropriately. Zero bluffing.

Occasionally it's worth calling someone down with second or third nut flush on an unpairaed board, or trips-ace-kicker on a paired board, but don't bet a hand like that when they all check to you on the button, because slowplaying is rife.

And, obviously, keep a note of which players regularly bet shaky hands.

Guy.

Graham
09-16-2003, 09:18 AM
Crock and Guy are right - put your bluffing arsenal away. Just wait for the good hands and bet 'em. Not the most exciting waay, but I like to have one of these games chugging away in the background while I play another table of something else, and it's been profitable. (...well, until that other table was 15/30 short-handed HE last week... /images/graemlins/frown.gif)

Zag
09-16-2003, 11:09 AM
Wow, you have bigger stones than I. (or something.) I often will play two, or even three games at once, but they are always the same game.

I once had a limit hold'em game (which I can play in my sleep) and a limit Omaha 8 game going, and I think I burnt out my clutch trying to shift gears. I made expensive mistakes in both.

Graham
09-16-2003, 11:28 AM
I keep the same games unless I have some form of omaha going as the background game. Nut-peddling in omaha doesn't take too much attention in the smaller games where it's nice and profitable.