PDA

View Full Version : Jim Brier's book

11-04-2001, 12:01 AM
Does anyone know the proposed release date of Jim Brier's book on mid limit poker ?

11-04-2001, 04:11 AM
Assuming this is the book with Ciaffone, I think it will be around the end of the year. I heard it from a decent source, but don't have a lot of details.

11-04-2001, 04:36 AM
Jim is posting a lot on the middle limit forum again. He would be the one to ask. So make him respond. /images/smile.gif

11-04-2001, 09:02 AM
good to see jim posting again, and i will certainly buy jim's book asap..gl

11-04-2001, 01:00 PM
It goes to the printer in about two weeks so it should be released sometime in December or January.

11-04-2001, 01:07 PM
gotta be a big winner,,gl

11-04-2001, 04:49 PM
is this mainly going to be new material or things taken from your magazine articles? any info you can give on the book would be appreciated.

11-05-2001, 04:01 AM
Most of it will be new material. The book is divided into seven sections. The first section contains six chapters on introductory material covering poker in general and holdem in particular (holdem poker, common cards, betting structure, position, deception, and holdem math). The second section is devoted to preflop play and it contains five chapters (introduction,early, middle, late, and blinds). The third section is devoted to flop play and it has six chapters (Introduction, Overcards, Overpairs/Top Pairs, Drawing hands, Single-suited flops, and other flop plays). The fourth section covers play on the turn and it contains four chapters (an introduction, betting the turn, getting raised on the turn, and other play on the turn). The fifth section is play at the river with three chapters (introduction, betting on the end, and other play at the river). The sixth section is a "Special Topics" section with eight chapters (introduction, check-raising, reraising, slowplaying, the free card, staying out of trouble, bluffing, and check and calling). The last section covers non-standard games and has five chapters (an introduction, the big river bet, small blind 2/3 of a bet, playing shorthanded, and extra money in the pot through other players straddles and posting). There is also four odds tables in the appendix plus a glossary. It will total about 350 pages making it one of the longest books on holdem.

But the key to the book is that there are over 400 problems with detailed answers which are included in every chapter. I expect that anyone using the book will find a valuable reference work since, if they write down a problem at the table, they may well find a comparable problem somewhere in the book.

11-05-2001, 05:16 PM
Sounds like a strong effort to have as complete a book on HE as possible and given its authors, I certainly expect it to be must reading for all serious players.

Good luck with the book, Jim (and Bob).

11-07-2001, 01:52 PM
Who is your publisher?

11-07-2001, 03:25 PM
It is self-published with Bob Ciaffone and I utilizing the printing services of Sheridan Books, Inc. in Ann Arbor, Michigan. The manuscript should be going to Sheridan next week and be available next month.

11-08-2001, 03:41 AM
I may have missed it, but what's the title? Can it be pre-ordered from Conjelco?

11-08-2001, 04:11 PM
The name of the book is: "Middle Limit Holdem Poker". Bob Ciaffone (1-989-792-0884) is handling the distribution of it but I am sure it will be available through Conjelco.