PDA

View Full Version : To All Cardroom Managers and Owners

SugarGirl
09-14-2003, 02:06 AM
Please give me some advice. I run a single table in a bar. I am one of two main dealers with only one backup dealer that is not fully trained. My problem is that I just received reliable information that my other main dealer is over raking (10-15 dollars per big pot). If this is true, he is pocketing the extra money himself. It's not showing in the profits. This is really upsetting to me because as a dealer in this club my self, I have never had a problem making enough tips. An average night gets us approx 150 up to 700 for a really good night going into early morning. This is a high average for the tables in our town. How should I handle this situation? He and I have become pretty good friends and he is otherwise a very good dealer. BTY-I run the game for the owner of the bar, I do not own the club myself.

Any advice I can get would be helpful

Terry
09-14-2003, 03:41 PM
My background is in Las Vegas and I’m not familiar with the Montana games. I take it there’s no video tape? You may want to talk to the owner about putting in a black & white fixed camera (under $100), add a cheap VCR and you have a surveillance system. The day the camera is installed the problem should solve itself.

No doubt you’ve already thought about putting someone you trust in the game who is capable of keeping track of the pot, but if the dealer is making moves, he isn’t doing it on every pot, so that could take a while.

Have you talked to the owner about this? If you have, or if you do, and he seems “unconcerned”, you’ll be on your own to deal with a moral dilemma.

HDPM
09-14-2003, 04:06 PM
There is no moral dilemma. If you catch him you fire him immediately. He should never be allowed back in. Where did you receive the information? If it is from a player you better do something, because if one player knows the rest will find out if you don't do something. And that should kill your game if its true. Watch him and catch him.

Terry
09-14-2003, 05:00 PM
The moral dilemma would come about if the owner was “unconcerned.”

CrackerZack
09-15-2003, 10:04 AM
what stakes are you playing that someone can over-rake 10-15 bucks and no one notices?