PDA

View Full Version : when to rebuy?

crockpot
09-13-2003, 08:45 PM
in either a NLHE or PLO game, say a bad hand just knocked your stack down to less than half the maximum buy-in at your table, and you're in fairly early position. you want to buy back to the maximum. do you do it now, or wait until you'll be on the button so you can have good position with the bigger stack?

i'm wondering whether the bigger stack and thus the ability to get more value from a big hand is worth sacrificing the potential to get all-in easily and thus negate an opponent's positional advantage. plus, with more chips you may be forced out of a pot by an aggressive player's positional raises when you could have gotten all-in with a shorter stack.

thoughts on this?

Al_Capone_Junior
09-13-2003, 09:17 PM
Crock

I always rebuy immediately. I see no advantage of waiting till the button, as you'll simply be short-stacked until then. I hate being the small stack from any position.

al

MrGo
09-14-2003, 03:14 AM
Agreed. I see no advantage here. Buy-in now.

crockpot
09-14-2003, 03:23 AM
sounds good. i personally rebuy right away too, but i read an article by bob ciaffone where he says that he waits until he's on the button. then again, he plays in a lot tougher games than i do, where position means much more.