PDA

View Full Version : A simple preflop question

rtrombone
09-12-2003, 04:58 PM
Commerce 15-30. EP open-raises (either UTG or UTG+1, can't remember). It's folded to you on the button. You have AQs. What is your play and why?

I didn't have much of a read on EP, but I was leaning toward solid rather than fish. The game was in general tight and not very good.

FWIW, I will 3-bet here with AQ/AQs if it's a known loose raiser or a weak-tight unimaginative player. I will muck AQ/AQs if it's a tight but solid player who will not lay down AK if he suspects something. I'm not sure what my default play should be, which is I am posting this.

Results to come.

Coilean
09-12-2003, 05:29 PM
At the Commerce I think your default should be to reraise, until you know he doesn't raise from EP with KQ AJ or medium pairs. From my experience there, the preflop raises don't mean much, and even some of the solid players are prone to getting out of line preflop.

Bandorn
09-13-2003, 09:25 AM
3-bet,Push the blinds out. Get heads up with EP. Watch how he reacts to yuor raise. Anyway check out the flop, its to early yet to surender AQs with good position to a unkown player.

Ed S.
09-13-2003, 12:02 PM
I would have to raise here with your A-Q suited here. Even if the player is predictable tight or solid player I would venture a raise here too. I want to drive out the blinds and get it heads up and work my magic from there.

Ed S.