PDA

View Full Version : Democrats +180

David Steele
09-12-2003, 04:46 PM
What do you think of, Demo president 2004 at +180 to win?
I can't believe Bush is a 2-1 favorite, he looks to be going down like his dad in the second term.

D.

Wake up CALL
09-12-2003, 05:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What do you think of, Demo president 2004 at +180 to win?
I can't believe Bush is a 2-1 favorite, he looks to be going down like his dad in the second term.

D.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh the fanciful whimsy of wishful democrats.

BruceZ
09-12-2003, 05:20 PM

MMMMMM
09-12-2003, 05:58 PM
In a macro sense, it's not that surprising when you consider that much of their philosophy is geared towards wishful thinking.

Jesse Jackson said, "Vote your hopes, not your fears."

It's really too bad that the world just doesn't work that way.

David Steele
09-12-2003, 06:10 PM
Will you give me even better odds?

BruceZ
09-12-2003, 06:15 PM
Most famous quotes of democratic presidents:

Kennedy: "Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country."

"We undertake these things [going to moon in decade] not because they are easy, but because they are hard."

I liked that one, but it goes downhill from there:

Johnson: "I won't send American boys 10 or 12 thousand miles around the world to fight a war that Asian boys ought to be fighting for themselves."

Carter: "I lust after women".

Clinton: "Now I'll say it again. I did not have sexual relations with that woman".

BruceZ
09-12-2003, 06:17 PM
I'd give you 2-1 but with no vig. I can't spot you 180 electoral votes, is that what +180 means?

David Steele
09-12-2003, 07:06 PM
OK. I was going to see if you were so patriotic that you would give me 3-1 so I can hedge with a sports book.

Go ahead and make your bet directly with the web sites, the transaction is easier.

D.

David Steele
09-12-2003, 07:16 PM
Rather selective list.

Carter: "I lust after women".

Didn't he add "in his mind". And since it was a Playboy
interview, wtf was wrong with it? And also, you don't?

All of the mentioned are far better to listen too then the tortured attempts by a Reagon, Bush or Bush Jr. abusing the engligh language.

D.

BruceZ
09-12-2003, 07:55 PM
Rather selective list.

Lists of *most* memorable quotes usually are.

And since it was a Playboy
interview, wtf was wrong with it?

That his most memorable quote was in Playboy.

All of the mentioned are far better to listen too then the tortured attempts by a Reagon, Bush or Bush Jr. abusing the engligh language.

I'll take "Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall" over "I lust after women in my mind". Or even:

"Always remember that those who hate you don't win, unless you hate them, and then you destroy yourself".

From the makers of:

"The people have a right to know if their president is a crook. Well I'm not a crook."

Cyrus
09-13-2003, 04:28 AM
I find it extremely amusing that the same people who gave us the immortal Dan Quayle (http://www.xmission.com/~mwalker/DQ/quayle/qq/quayle.quotes.html) would challenge the opposition in the department of funny sayings.

I mean, the mind boggles! I regularly get offers to part with my Quayle Quarterlies for substantial sums, but, hey, life-extending comedy is priceless. And then you have Ronald Reagan & The Bush Duet. Why, each and every one of the guys in that band could kick the Democrats' ass in the comedy department.

MS Sunshine
09-13-2003, 05:15 PM
The Republicans are so funny it hurts.

No, really. It hurts.

MS Sunshine