PDA

View Full Version : someone write books on the following topics....

10-13-2001, 05:14 PM
internet poker{hold'em}

short handed poker

hand reading

I think there is a need and they would sell.

10-15-2001, 03:58 PM
I think that it would be difficult to write a book on hand reading, since it is so dependent on knowing your particular opponents. I agree that I would love to see a book on short handed hold 'em (especially by Abdul /images/smile.gif ).

10-17-2001, 03:54 PM
I have reason to believe that Roy Cooke (with the help of some others) is considering doing a book on shorthanded poker. This is not confirmed but I would say that it is more than just a mere rumor.

I too would love to read any book by Abdul and particularly a book on shorthanded play. HFPAP has some very good stuff on sh play but it's a chapter - not a book...Who knows....maybe you can't quite write a book on sh play because it (like hand reading) is so situational.

An expert sh player that I know holds the view that there are really 5 keys to sh play:

1. How does your opponent's current stack size compare to what it was 30 minutes/ an hour ago - he says that this is the most important factor.

2. Starting hand selection i.e. A7 is now better than 98s etc. But be careful of hands like A2/A3

3. Betting patterns i.e. You need to vary your betting patterns particularly when in position. When you are out of position, tend to play in a more straight-forward manner but still with more variation than you would show in a ring game.

4. Tilt control (I would have thought that this was the most important criterion but I guess such control is second nature to him).

5. Do not gain the reputation as a folder. You must pay off a lot more than you might in a ring game.

10-18-2001, 01:43 AM
Interesting, skp. Can you please elaborate on the stack size issue -- why it is important and how to adjust your play to stack size changes?