PDA

View Full Version : Software: Poker Viewer (now it works!)

10-03-2001, 08:08 PM
[[First off, my apologies to those who tried PokerViewer last week only to find that the server was borked. It should be working now with only brief outages.]]

Poker Viewer: Software to revolutionize poker discussion and education. Currently in beta testing.

Post your Texas Hold'em hands and comments to PokerViewer and see what others have to say about them. One of the goals of this project is to provide the best possible way to discuss poker hands.

http://home.adelphia.net/~schumacher

What Poker Viewer Does

----------------------------------

-- Graphically replay poker hands

-- Graphically create poker hands for sharing

-- Threaded comments for each step of a hand

-- Allows instruction by example (electronic poker "books")

-- Search the database for desired hands

Coming Features

---------------------------

-- Rate each comment and hand (soon)

-- Filter comments based on ratings or usernames

-- Easier hand creation (e.g. back and forward buttons)

-- Extensive database searches

-- Interactive Quizzes

-- Poker variations other than Texas Hold'em

-- Import your online game logs into the database

(with or without anonymity)

-- Pot odds and other statistics

-- Animation

-- Full help system

-- User statistics

-- Player profiles

-- Play against an AI opponent (maybe, long term)

-- Better web pages /images/smile.gif

10-04-2001, 12:13 PM

10-04-2001, 03:00 PM
It is working for other people, so if you're having trouble, please let me know about it and I can probably help you.

The first thing to check is that you have the Sun Java plug-in installed correctly, since this is required. You can test this at:

Go to http://192.18.97.35/products/plugin/1.3/demos/applets.html

10-04-2001, 10:36 PM
I installed the Sun Java plug-in.

But when I try to run an applet it 'kills' ALL my browser-windows ! (Internet Explorer 5.0)

Not very funny !!!!!!!

10-04-2001, 10:54 PM
Whoa, you mean running *any* of those sample applets closes all your other browsers? I've never heard of that one before. This is after a reboot?

10-11-2001, 09:48 AM
Chris, I think it's great except that the Java app is huge (inches-wise, not MB-wise). I have a 17" flat panel and I can't get both the table and the comments on the screen at the same time. Is there a way to resize the window that I'm not aware of? Or do you need to go back and change the window sizing in the code?

10-14-2001, 10:55 AM
You can try changing the screen resolution to be higher. You can find instructions for doing that on the "Screenshots" page.

But otherwise, the size is set in the code. I'm considering changing the layout, maybe having separate windows. There's just a lot of information to show!

Thanks to everyone for the comments. If you haven't checked it out yet, give it a go. If you're having trouble with it, please drop me a line and I'll try to help you with it.

Chris