PDA

View Full Version : John Feeny's Book

10-02-2001, 01:19 AM
As a frequent traveler, during my breaks I like spending time at Borders and/or Barnes & Noble mega bookstores. One poker book that is difficult to find any more is John Feeny's Inside the Poker Mind. I am curious as to whether the first edition is just about sold out, and, if so, are there any plans for immediate second eddition?

I have my copy at home, though, but like to share my observation on this forum that this particular book has been depleted from many stores' shelves quite a while ago.

Both John and Two-Plus-Two publisher are to be commended for producing such a well received book.

10-03-2001, 01:07 AM
We have plenty of books. We are also expecting to receive an order from Borders in the next couple of weeks. When it comes, they will probably restock Inside the Poker Mind as well as our other titles.

10-04-2001, 01:15 AM
Knowing the impact of Dr. Feeney's(yes the poker guru UPNI) book, a sleek, brilliant, normally passive ferret (yes the ferret god Sredni), siezed the oppurtunity. Using nefarious (yes it was somehow ethical) financial acrobatics, Sredni utilized the ferret fund to purchase (yes at rather low cost, to the chagrin of the ever vigilant Mason Malmuth) the remaining supply of Inside the Poker Mind. Hopes were that this would serve to thwart the education of the poker player, thus puncturing standard deviation fluctuations and massaging win rates.

The ferrets were foiled.

Apologies to Ivan for inflicting this post on him. Sredni and his ferret funders had nowwhere else to share.

Sredni Vashtar knows the parenthesis thingthing is irritating, but had to get it out of the system.

Sredni Vashtar,

who went inside the poker mind, and wandered (no, not a typo).

10-04-2001, 01:43 PM
Speaking of Borders and Barnes and Noble. My local Barnes and Noble and a few others I have seen don't seem to stock 2+2 books on the shelves. They do have poker books but not the ones I want to check out. Is this a nationwide thing or just my local store? Borders does seem to stock your books but unfortunately is 45 minutes away.

Ken Poklitar

10-04-2001, 02:51 PM
I think I can answer this question. B&N stores come in all different sizes. Border's stores only come in the big super size. B&N does carry us nationwide but they usually only place our books in their biggest stores and it varies by title. So a real good selling title like THE THEORY OF POKER might be placed in 40 percent of their stores, while a slower selling title may only make 10 percent of their stores. On the other hand, Border's puts us virtually everywhere and does a pretty good job carrying all of our titles.

By the way, instead of driving to the store, you can order the books right here. Chuck sets a pretty good price and he gets them out real fast.

Best wishes,

Mason

10-06-2001, 06:24 PM
"Using nefarious (yes it was somehow ethical) financial acrobatics, Sredni utilized the ferret fund to purchase (yes at rather low cost, to the chagrin of the ever vigilant Mason Malmuth) the remaining supply of Inside the Poker Mind."

This is a good thing - not the low cost part, but the buying the remaining supply part. I would like to recommend the same strategy to everyone. If you find a poker book (particularly one with a nice blue cover) that you think would improve readers' play, do not let it happen! Buy up as many as possible, to keep them out of the hands of the opposition. This way *you* benefit from the book, but the bad guy's don't. And I can't help but say I'd be satisfied with this arrangement too.

Thank you Sredni. You are a true polecat.