PDA

View Full Version : zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Nottom
09-10-2003, 06:55 PM
Am I the only one who wants to punch somebody everytime I see someone go "zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz" while playing online?

agenbite
09-10-2003, 07:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Am I the only one who wants to punch somebody everytime I see someone go "zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz" while playing online?

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

Al_Capone_Junior
09-11-2003, 10:56 AM
Am I the only one who would rather say "hey jerk, why don't you just have your grandmother play instead, that way it would take even LONGER each time we have to sit and wait forever for you to act"?

HUSKER'66
09-11-2003, 11:24 AM
Am I the only one who is frustrated at the time that it takes some people to act too, but start taking my sweet ass time as soon as someone who is annoyed becomes even more annoying by typing in "zzzzzzzzzzz" every two seconds?!?

SirFoldsAlot
09-11-2003, 11:27 AM
No, but I usually retort with "How much is it to me?"

Nottom
09-11-2003, 01:07 PM
That sounds like me when I'm driving. I'll be happy to get over and let someone pass ... until they flash their lights at me.

newfish
09-11-2003, 02:39 PM
I always try to point out that the game is still moving faster then a live game. The people who are doing that "zzzzzzzzzzzzzz" thing are ones who are losing and want to win back something. Just impatient. It is a bit frustating. Disable their chat funtion if it persists.(You won't miss anything intelligent, I assure you.)
Regards

BigEndian
09-11-2003, 04:35 PM
Does "..." count as annoying? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

I'll fess up that I make a comment if play is habitually slow in one seat - worse, in two seats at the same table. If you see a "..." from me though, this is a habit of mine from sites that have poor network status info and I use it to see if I've lost connection.

If I want someone to pick up the play, I generally ask them in a direct but nice manner. "Please pick up the pace a little bit", works very well - especially in tournies.

Festus22
09-11-2003, 04:42 PM
While I do think the "zzzzzzzzzzz" thing is a bit over done, I also believe each player should act in a couteous manner to the rest of the table. I've seen guys repeatedly wait until the last second of the time out counter to fold PF MP with one limper or other routine situation. If you need time to make a difficult decision - great. But if you milk it for show or effect or to PO others - sorry, that deserves a "zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz".

kiddo
09-11-2003, 04:44 PM
9 fast players typing : "zzzzzzzzzzzzzz" all the time is much better then 1 or 2 players waiting 20 sec every time, not saying anything at all.

Copernicus
09-11-2003, 04:48 PM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Can we move onto something more interesting? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

huzitup2
09-22-2003, 04:24 AM
HUZ IT UP 2 !

I still play the occasional live L/L (2-4/3-6) game just to hear the same player ask over and over (when he or she is the BB and is offered the option to raise) -

WHO RAISED ?

Ten years have passed and it still cracks me up.

My favorite STUD line is heard when a player rolls over 3 cards of the same suit to go with the 3 he/she has on board and is asked by his/her opponent -

DID YOU CATCH IT ON THE RIVER ?

I pulled a muscle in my rib cage (laughing) the first time I heard that one, and I STILL have a hard time keeping a straight face !

Best wishes,

- H

huzitup2
09-22-2003, 04:34 AM
only one; probably not.

However, if you beat these games (and you probably do), don't you want as many hands per hour as possible ?

In other words, isn't what you're doing - um - sorta shooting yourself in the foot ?

It's certainly shooting ME in the foot.

Occasionally I am the one who is slowing down the pace; it usually happens when I get an important phone call or when the doorbell rings.

When I return and find "zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz's" in the chatbox I tend to respond with something along the lines of, "hey, I only have nine fingers and six are on one hand".

- Or I just tell the truth and appologize.

- H