PDA

View Full Version : Tight Game on Party 15/30, was I high?

djohnson
09-10-2003, 05:01 PM
ok, let me preface this by saying that I am playing solely on Party, am pretty solid at the 5/10 level but currently am barely profitable at the 15/30 level. I know I have a few holes in my game and am expecting to get slapped around on this play.

setting - very tight game of 15/30 on Party (avg of 2.3 players per flop), 90 mins into session and getting frustrated with taking pots of 2-3 BB, so far up 2BB on the session. (yeah, I know I've got no business in this game, at least it's not too aggressive)

Pre-Flop (A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif)
table folds to MP who raises, rest of table folds, I call in BB

Flop [ 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A /images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif]
MP Checks, I Check
MP has played pretty straightforward to this point betting out his strength, at this point I've got him on either KQs or an underpair to my aces. I check through hoping to check-raise the turn.

Turn: 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A /images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif [A /images/graemlins/spade.gif]
I check, MP Bets, I Raise, MP Calls
everything going according to plan at this point, although I wouldn't have minded if he let his hand go here with a possible spade 4-flush

River: 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A /images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif A /images/graemlins/spade.gif [J /images/graemlins/heart.gif]
I bet, MP raises, I call

comments and suggestions?

djohnson
09-10-2003, 05:16 PM
MP turns over JJ for J's full of A's against my trip Aces, takes pot of 10BB

I think if I had bet the flop, he may have let the JJ go on my Turn bet and I'd be up 1.5 BB instead of down 5 BB. Is a PF reraise justifiable in this situation, betting out on a high-card flop and mucking if reraised?

djohnson
09-10-2003, 11:05 PM
hmmm, judging from the lack of response, either I played this hand perfectly (not likely), or there are quite a few 2+2'ers looking to sit down at the same table as me right now...

ragedyandy
09-10-2003, 11:16 PM
I only question your pre flop call. You have an Ace, but is pfr likely to have a better ace? Do you think pfr in MP was trying to steal the blinds? I think if you play this hand the same way every time after the flop, you'll be way ahead in the long run.

gavrilo
09-10-2003, 11:19 PM
I fold this one preflop.
If you decide to check the flop, you should really bet the Turn instead of going for the checkraise, atleast that's what i would do on the turn.
And being up 2BB in 90 mins? Seems reasonable to me.

Clarkmeister
09-10-2003, 11:24 PM
You played it fine on every street.

Diplomat
09-10-2003, 11:25 PM
Well, there really is not much to say. We could debate your pre-flop call for a while, but that's about it. I'd prefer to re-raise or fold...but I'm stupid aggressive in these situations sometimes.

-Diplomat

Gabe
09-10-2003, 11:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think if I had bet the flop, he may have let the JJ go on my Turn bet

[/ QUOTE ]
This makes no sense, unless there was like $600 in the pot.

09-10-2003, 11:42 PM
Folding PF would have been my choice. Anyway, being in the hand, I would test the water maybe 50-60% of the time with my A-weak then play accordingly. I think you're right that you could have won the pot right there. Your check-raise on the turn cost your opponent only 1 more bet. He maybe thinking that you did not have the Ace with your flop check and got lucky with his 2 outer.

09-10-2003, 11:48 PM
What does not make any sense? Hero betting out with top pair HU?

Clarkmeister
09-11-2003, 12:04 AM
It makes no sense because you *want* him to call your turn bet.

Bandorn
09-11-2003, 12:26 AM
Im going to show my own unsphisticated game knowledge. I am 90% inclined to bet this top pair on the flop.I dont like my kicker.By betting Im trying to win it here, also Im testing for a stronger ace.( note That AA is a stronger ace,lol) A stronger Ace that a MP better would open raise with preflop would either reraise or call me, planning to check raise me on the turn. Either way Im alerted. Generally any under pair to aces would fold not liking the pot odds. All other hands he could be holding would need runner/runner to win, diffent folds.BY not betting flop yuo give under pairs a free shot to beat yuo. Infinate pot odds, I think?

Turn: WHy he called yuo I got no idea. Are yuo a habitual bluffer? Have yuo check raised bluffed before? He should have layed his hand down here. Bad luck for sure on river! Either he is not that strong a player Or yuo bluff alot. Maybe he clicked the wrong button by accident?

biggambler
09-12-2003, 01:10 PM
He only has about a 4 % chance of catching you on the river. You should want him to call your bets every time. The fact that he make this 24 to 1 shot this time does not mean that you want him to fold on the flop or the turn.