PDA

View Full Version : Caro's Book of Tells - Good Info?

09-24-2001, 05:08 PM
I own Winning LLHE (Jones), HEFAP (Sklandsky/Malmuth), and HE Poker (Sklansky). I've read each one atleast twice and study my game often. i bought Caro's book of tells last week but haven't gotten it yet. i am curious to know if it has good info in it and if the info is still current or correct. i probably should have posted this before i bought it, but just wanted a couple of opinions before i read it.

by the way, i bought this book because i want to try and get a better read on people. i think one of the most profitable aspects of my game is determining the weak player/players, singling them out, and then pushing them over when i get a good hand and minimizing bets when they might have the best of it. i also wanted to evaluate myself and see if i have any defining tells.

the next books on my to read list are Theory of Poker, then Pyschology of Poker. thanks for your feedback.

09-27-2001, 04:03 AM
I think it's got some great info in it, depending on what and where you play. It takes a little while to 'snap in' and start seeing the things he is talking about, but it is very rewarding when you do.

Depending on which edition you have, he includes information on how much each tell is worth in terms of dollars per hour. I don't know how these figures were calculated, and am a little skeptical of their accuracy. I don't even know why they were included. At first i thought they were a prank, because it must have been a lot of fun to come up with them.

Reading this post is worth $.22 per hr. for those playing 2-4 lowball at the El Dorado.

Mack